logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

5 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Alli  
#21 Posted : Monday, September 09, 2013 8:58:25 AM(UTC)
Alli

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
"ZB,
We are too new at this to know whether email or snailmail is better. I have sorta taken the position that these guys get a million emails a day and a letter they have to open and look at might make a better more lasting impression. Now I could have this completely bass ackwards. I guess the answer is which avenue do you feel most comfortable with and do you have a relationship with the senator(s).

Attached is today's update. BTW, if anyone sees an error or an omission on this file, please let me know.
Alli"
File Attachment(s):
Congressional Contacts for Legalization 9.9.2013.zip (12kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Offline Zymurgy Bob  
#22 Posted : Monday, September 09, 2013 10:15:35 AM(UTC)
Zymurgy Bob

"Thanks RCRed,

The Kelleybarts.con site is better for us. That way we take a profit instead of just the royalty. Thanks for asking. I'll check out Post #15."
Offline RCRed  
#23 Posted : Monday, September 09, 2013 10:51:49 AM(UTC)
RCRed

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Zymurgy Bob Go to Quoted Post
That way we take a profit instead of just the royalty.
That was exactly why I asked BigGrin I do the same with bands at festivals versus buying their work thru Amazon or Apple. Unless of course, it's not available elsewhere....

Order made. Althou the paypal return link to kellyB's is a bit wazzo, but no problems - I look forward to enriching my knowledge base from your book.

And thanks for joining the legalization effort.
Offline Zymurgy Bob  
#24 Posted : Monday, September 09, 2013 2:15:18 PM(UTC)
Zymurgy Bob

"Thank you kindly, RCRed

The book is all packaged up and will be gone on tomorrow's mail (along with the proposals and cover letters for senators Cantwell and Murray). I hope you don't find it too slanted toward beginners, but there's some stuff I'm proud of about aging and flavoring chemistry in there.

Zymurgy Bob"
Offline RCRed  
#25 Posted : Monday, September 09, 2013 2:23:59 PM(UTC)
RCRed

Originally Posted by: Zymurgy Bob Go to Quoted Post
...I hope you don't find it too slanted toward beginners, but there's some stuff I'm proud of about aging and flavoring chemistry in there.

Zymurgy Bob
As my music tutor often tells me in session - "We are all beginners to those who're better at it than we, and superstars to those that aren't as far along yet"...

I'm not seasoned enough yet to even approach what some of the fellas here are... But with time, effort and practice... Besides, I am lacking in understanding the aging quotient, so that's gonna be a cool bean BigGrin I love real books!!

Cheers...
Offline Biscuit  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2013 4:59:37 AM(UTC)
Biscuit

Submitted proposal to Mark Meadows NC Congressman from the 11th district. Working to get Tenn and Ga too with my friends
Offline Zymurgy Bob  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2013 8:57:57 AM(UTC)
Zymurgy Bob

Ok, the cover letter and proposal has been sent to both Senator Cantwell and Senator Murray. I also tried to attach a pdf of my cover letter to this post, but while I can drag-and-drop that file to Manage Attachments window, I don't seem to be able to complete that attachment.
Offline Alli  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2013 1:58:53 AM(UTC)
Alli

"ZB
You click on Reply (or Reply to Thread; or New Post or New Thread) and click on Go Advanced in the lower right hand corner and scroll down and select Manage Attachments. In the in the top right hand cornor of the File Upload Manager box select Add Files. Select your file and click Open. Then select the Upload File box in the middle of the of the Upload options. Hope this helps. Alli"
Offline Zymurgy Bob  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2013 3:42:45 AM(UTC)
Zymurgy Bob

"Thanks Alli,

Here goes another try, evidently without drag and drop this time.
[ATTACH]911[/ATTACH]
It was using the Basic Uploader in the Upload Files from your Computer part that I was missing. Drag and drop brought the file to the Manage Attachments window, but there was no way to attach from there. Thanks for the help."
File Attachment(s):
LegalizingStillingCantwell.pdf (23kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

Offline Hokey  
#30 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2013 5:46:31 AM(UTC)
Hokey

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi Alli,
You can add Congressman Bill Keating (D) 9th Congressional District of MA to the list. I am using snail mail. I also sent a follow-up e-mail to Sen. Tom Kennedy. Keeping my fingers crossed. I will e-mail the others soon.
Offline Alli  
#31 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:11:29 AM(UTC)
Alli

"Hokey,
Done. Thank you Sir. Alli"
Offline Alli  
#32 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:31:51 AM(UTC)
Alli

"Attached is today's update of congressional contacts. The contacts have slowed down - we need some help from Ohio, Florida and New Jersey just to name a few. I had a boss one time who hated for me to come into his office with an idea and say ""It won't cost much and it won't take long"". Well ladies and gentlemen, legalization of hobby distilling is a case in point. We just need more involvement from those we have not heard from yet. Please do your part and remember ""It won't cost much and it won't take long!""

Alli"
File Attachment(s):
Congressional Contacts for Legalization Update. 9.18.2013.zip (12kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

Offline Biscuit  
#33 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2013 4:10:33 PM(UTC)
Biscuit

Hey Alli. Gave Mark Meadows from the 11th district of NC an email of the proposal. Followed up with Kay Hagen. Nothing back from Kay. Will be on it. Love our Hobby.
Offline Zymurgy Bob  
#34 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2013 3:19:40 AM(UTC)
Zymurgy Bob

Alli,

Nothing back yet from Senators Murray or Cantwell, but I made a call on one of my customers yesterday, a homebrew supply place in Eugene Oregon, and he tells me that his state senator, Floyd Prozanski, is a winemaker and a regular customer of his. In fact, because he often comes in on Saturday morning, Jim though he might come in while we were talking. We believe his support is a slam-dunk. As you may know, Oregon is already a fertile breeding ground for new microdistillers.

Anyway, long story short, I'll be contacting him when I get home Tuesday. I'm doing my book-signing dog and pony show at noon today at the brew festival in Central Point Oregon.
Offline Alli  
#35 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2013 3:55:01 AM(UTC)
Alli

"Z Bob,
This is exactly what I had in mind when I came up with the Phone a Friend program. We all know people around the country that we don't mind sharing our ""little secret"" about wanting to see hobby distilling legalized. I have personally found that most are all to happy to help out if you send them the proposal and generic cover letter. If more of our members would do as you are doing, we would get this idea thoughout Congress in no time. Like I said last week, if we all work together, ""It won't take long, and it won't cost much""!

When you talk to Senator Prozanski, ask him if he has any ideas on how we get this ball rolling other than what we are currently doing. I know it is a verrry long shot, but I am thinking about sending something to 60 Minutes.

Thanks for sharing."
Offline admin  
#36 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2013 4:33:58 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
That is awesome! Please keep us posted.BigGrin
Offline John Barleycorn  
#37 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2013 5:03:06 AM(UTC)
John Barleycorn

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
"Hi Alli,

Originally Posted by: Alli Go to Quoted Post
I know it is a verrry long shot, but I am thinking about sending something to 60 Minutes.

John Stossel might be a good bet. This is exactly the kind of thing he seems inclined to make noise about.

Regards,
--JB"
Offline Biscuit  
#38 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2013 3:18:15 PM(UTC)
Biscuit

Agree. John Stossel could put a positive twist to the the members of Congress that might be on the fence about our Hobby.
Offline RCRed  
#39 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2013 11:05:11 PM(UTC)
RCRed

Originally Posted by: John Barleycorn Go to Quoted Post
Hi Alli,

John Stossel might be a good bet. This is exactly the kind of thing he seems inclined to make noise about.

Regards,
--JB
And, I actually will listen to Stossel, over most.....he's really fair, and balanced.
Offline Alli  
#40 Posted : Monday, September 23, 2013 2:33:37 AM(UTC)
Alli

OK folks. It is done. I just sent it to Mr. Stossel. Now we shall have to wait to see if we get any better response from him then we are getting from our elected officials (I use that term losely).