logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

5 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Alli  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 05, 2013 9:18:05 AM(UTC)
Alli

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
"I have attached (or tried to - hope it works) an excel file to track all state and feredal legislators that have been contacted. The forum will not accept an Excel file so I had to post it as zip file. The file is open so anyone who does not want to go through the forum with a legislator contact, the information can be entered on the file. I will update it as I get notified of contacts (a contact is assumed to be the sending of the proposed legislative changes in either the text or powerpoint format).

If anyone sees any errors in this file you may either fix them or notify me and I will correct. I can be contacted by the open forum, the Private Message option on the forum or at allibugger
yahoo.com"
File Attachment(s):
Copy of Changeusc26legislation7.24.13rev2.zip (11kb) downloaded 16 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Offline RCRed  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 05, 2013 11:22:51 AM(UTC)
RCRed

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Looks good, Alli, I was able to download and open the zip file just fine. Good work UserPostedImage
Offline Alli  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 12:59:35 AM(UTC)
Alli

"[ATTACH=CONFIG]897[/ATTACH]

Here is the latest update."
File Attachment(s):
Copy of Copy of Changeusc26legislation8.15.2013.zip (11kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

Offline Alli  
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2013 1:27:42 AM(UTC)
Alli

Here is the latest that includes North Carolina and Texas. We're geten there. Keep up the good work and let us know if you have any questions. Alli
File Attachment(s):
Copy of Copy of Changeusc26legislation8.18.2013.zip (11kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 8:01:40 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

I thought about submitting the proposal to Gov. Bob McDonald and see what he could do with it. Maybe that could get the ball rolling in permitting our hobby permitted.
Offline Alli  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 1:59:25 AM(UTC)
Alli

"Knightmare,
Go for it. The more of these guys that see the legislation we are proposing and why we are doing so the better. Let me know if you sent it so I can put his name on the list of contacts. Alli"
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 5:59:57 AM(UTC)

I will send it in here soon. I'm pretty sure he'll be open to legalizing it because it wasn't that long ago when he tried to get a law passed that would put liquor in every store and not just the ABC stores here in VA. The state police fought him tooth and nail over it and it became a brutal struggle. IMHO, I think it would be easier to police home distilling than it would be to prevent it all together. Alot of the VABC agents would like to see this happen as well. The one I spoke to said he felt like he fighting a losing battle.
Offline Alli  
#8 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 2:07:18 AM(UTC)
Alli

I remember when he wanted to do away with the state stores. Also remind him of the many many VA jobs and small businesses have been created since mico-breweries and wineries that have popped up all over the state; all a result of the loosening of the laws that allowed home brew and wine making. Your point is well taken that this hobby is impossible to prevent and they might as well legalize it and use their resources to go after the guys who are selling it by the truck load, not a hobbiest making 5 or 10 gallons a year for personal consumption. Thanks for your help. Alli
Offline Alli  
#9 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2013 8:50:02 AM(UTC)
Alli

"Here is the most updated contact list as of 8/29/2013
Alli"
File Attachment(s):
Copy of Copy of Changeusc26legislation8.29.2013.zip (11kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

#10 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2013 7:09:12 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Alli Go to Quoted Post
I remember when he wanted to do away with the state stores. Also remind him of the many many VA jobs and small businesses have been created since mico-breweries and wineries that have popped up all over the state; all a result of the loosening of the laws that allowed home brew and wine making. Your point is well taken that this hobby is impossible to prevent and they might as well legalize it and use their resources to go after the guys who are selling it by the truck load, not a hobbiest making 5 or 10 gallons a year for personal consumption. Thanks for your help. Alli

I definately will. I am now committed to this cause.
Offline Alli  
#11 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2013 12:55:54 AM(UTC)
Alli

"Let me know when you send it in so I can put it on the list. Thanks
Alli"
Offline Alli  
#12 Posted : Friday, September 06, 2013 4:45:32 AM(UTC)
Alli

"Here is the latest up date on Legislative contacts. So far we have had 30 contacts in 10 states with one pending. Congress will be busy next week with Syria and so on, but hopefully we will start to hear back from those we have sent letters to. OK, if you don't like a sentence that ends in a preposition, the last sentence should read {but hopefully we will start to hear back from those to whom we have sent letters.}.

Lets go folks. Get those packages out to your Senators and Representative so we can all go back to doing you know what. Alli"
File Attachment(s):
Copy of Copy of Copy of Changeusc26legislation9.6.2013.zip (12kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

Offline Zymurgy Bob  
#13 Posted : Friday, September 06, 2013 11:53:56 AM(UTC)
Zymurgy Bob

Hey Alli (and whomever else I might know here under a secret name)

Just joined so I could be closer to your effort, and to start supporting it. Thanks for your work on it.

Also, I couldn't find a way to enter a sig string. Are you guys doing that manually?
Offline Alli  
#14 Posted : Saturday, September 07, 2013 4:32:11 AM(UTC)
Alli

"ZB,
It is truly great to have you on our team. Either the Administrator or maybe RCRed can answer that. I have been bouncing back and forth between both forums trying to get as many folks in both markets involved as possible. Our current goal is get a copy of the proposed to at least one Senator in every State. We also need to contact as many members of the House of Representatives as possible. I have tried to post the tracking file on the yahoo groups site but have never been able to figure out how to do so. Now, with the changes in the format, half the time I can't get on the forum at all, and when I do I can't post any messages. Hopefully they will get it fixed soon. Alli"
Offline Alli  
#15 Posted : Saturday, September 07, 2013 9:37:27 AM(UTC)
Alli

"Attached is the latest update on congressional contacts. We are up to 32 packages sent to representatives in 11 states with 2 states awaiting confirmation. This is the real deal folks. We are on our way. Keep those proposals going out. Lets get to 22 states by next weekend. You can do it - its fun and will be worth the effort.

A couple of things I would like to repeat for those who may have missed it. Don't expect your congressional representative to get your letters for about 2 weeks. All mail going to congress has to be checked for poison, bombs, etc. from the crazies out there so it takes a while. Don't be surprised if you get a reply from an aid rather than the Senator/ Represenative. Do expect to get a response. Please copy me on all responses so we can track them. Thanks for everyone's support. Alli"
File Attachment(s):
Congressional Contacts for Legalization 9.7.2013.zip (12kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

Offline Zymurgy Bob  
#16 Posted : Sunday, September 08, 2013 10:07:23 AM(UTC)
Zymurgy Bob

Alli,

Thanks for the welcome.

I have to admit that today was the first time I've had a chance to read the text of the proposal. It seems to be carefully thought out, accurate, informative and reasonable. In addition, I was impressed by the way the methanol "problem" was addressed, I'll be stealing the numbers from that table of concentrations of common potables, for the lecture that I do at book signings, like the one yesterday at Homebrew Heaven in Everett, Washington.

Now that I've read it and can stand behind it totally, I'll be sending it, with a personal cover letter, to our Senators Murray and Cantwell.

I'll keep you posted.
Offline Alli  
#17 Posted : Monday, September 09, 2013 5:17:40 AM(UTC)
Alli

"ZB,
I have put Senators Patti Murray and Maria Cantwell down as pending until I hear from you.

Would you be so kind as to post the proposal and the lastest Tracking file (9/7/2013) on the New Distillers site along with a personal recommendation for everyone to get involved? I am sure the folks on that forum will listen to you far more than me. Also ask for notification of mailing so I can track it.

For those on the Brehaus Forum who do not know Zymurgy Bob, he is the author of ""Making Fine Spirits"", a must read for beginning distillers. From understranding the distillation process, making your own small potstill, charts, recipes and more, this is a must have for your distilling library. His book is available at amphora-society.com.

Z-Bob has been in the distilling business since 1951 and is a welcome addition to our cause.

Alli"
Offline RCRed  
#18 Posted : Monday, September 09, 2013 6:54:20 AM(UTC)
RCRed

Originally Posted by: Alli Go to Quoted Post

For those on the Brehaus Forum who do not know Zymurgy Bob, he is the author of "Making Fine Spirits", a must read for beginning distillers. From understranding the distillation process, making your own small potstill, charts, recipes and more, this is a must have for your distilling library. His book is available at amphora-society.com.

Z-Bob has been in the distilling business since 1951 and is a welcome addition to our cause.

Alli
Thanks for that steer, Alli - I'd been looking for alternative to the "Home Distilliers Workbook", and will order this one today! And, Welcome, Zymurgy Bob!

Perhaps I should ask him to participate in the Access app beta I'm writing for spirit tracking, eh? Heck, he's been doing this longer than I've been writing code by 27 years! I also see he was a IBM CE, too !! Cool!
Offline Zymurgy Bob  
#19 Posted : Monday, September 09, 2013 7:05:33 AM(UTC)
Zymurgy Bob

Thanks guys, and note that my book is also available directly from our web site, at http://www.kelleybarts.c...oks/making-fine-spirits/

As far as the "latest tracking file", I'm afraid I'm too new here to understand what you're asking, but if you can help me figure it out, count me in. By the way, are we finding it best to send email or snailmail to the senators?
Offline RCRed  
#20 Posted : Monday, September 09, 2013 7:52:26 AM(UTC)
RCRed

Originally Posted by: Zymurgy Bob Go to Quoted Post
Thanks guys, and note that my book is also available directly from our web site, at http://www.kelleybarts.c...oks/making-fine-spirits/

As far as the "latest tracking file", I'm afraid I'm too new here to understand what you're asking, but if you can help me figure it out, count me in. By the way, are we finding it best to send email or snailmail to the senators?
Alli Means the zip file in Post #15 above...

Hey, which site gives the author more coin for the sale? :)