logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

12 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Highrisen  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 9:25:30 AM(UTC)
Highrisen

Groups: Registered

I cant find the thread about the TTB inquiries last week. That was some interesting reading... Was it deleted?
Offline Wuglar  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 9:29:35 AM(UTC)
Wuglar

Must have been . . . not sure why.
Offline admin  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 9:38:19 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I have asked the moderators if they removed it, as this is the first that I knew it had disappeared.
As an FYI- we were told that all of the major producers received basically the same letter, so there is no hiding. Tongue
Offline scotty  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 9:50:25 AM(UTC)
scotty

Groups: Registered, Moderator

I see/saw no purpose in deleting the thread. I placed a test post on the thread then deleted the post--- HMMMM Possibly I slipped. I do sometimes. That may be the mystery solved. My eyes are failing lately.
Offline scotty  
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 9:56:23 AM(UTC)
scotty

As long as no moderator says they deleted the thread, I must be the dummy that did it by mistake. Sad
Offline admin  
#6 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 9:57:17 AM(UTC)
admin

I'll bet that is what happened, as I recall seeing your 'testing' post, but nothing came in after that on the thread. Oh well, I am betting that this new thread will end up taking over where that one left off.
Offline scotty  
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 10:01:35 AM(UTC)
scotty

In looking at the moderator tools There is no delete thread selection--only a delete post. HMMMM MAYBE YOUR SOFTWARE NEEDS AN ANTI BIOTIC-- or maybe I need a shrink ?????
Offline admin  
#8 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 10:24:00 AM(UTC)
admin

I just checked, and there is a Delete Thread option at the top, or if you slipped and selected all posts and deleted (more likely), then it would leave the thread with no posts, and that deletes the thread.
Either way it is no big deal. I expect that the continued discussion will just move to this thread.
Offline muadib2001  
#9 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 12:13:14 PM(UTC)
muadib2001

Anyone care to repost what the thread contained? Not verbatim, of course, but what it said? Many thanks!
Offline FAQs  
#10 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 12:32:17 PM(UTC)
FAQs

IMO to sum it up,as with ALL GOVEREMENT they feel the need to stick there noses in every aspect of our lives !
Offline admin  
#11 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 1:41:02 PM(UTC)
admin

I wish that I could argue with you, FAQs, but I think that your post pretty much sums it up.
Offline DrDanCan  
#12 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 2:10:59 PM(UTC)
DrDanCan

"
Originally Posted by: muadib2001 Go to Quoted Post
Anyone care to repost what the thread contained? Not verbatim, of course, but what it said? Many thanks!

Best I can do.

Thread: email from Brewhaus

View First Unread
Search Thread
Rate This Thread
Display

Today, 09:30 AM #1
coaldust
coaldust is offline New Member

Default email from Brewhaus

was notified about my order that the FEDS want a list of all customers for the last 3 years, wonder if they are going to start checking for permits (mine is in the works),

Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message
Today, 09:58 AM #2
Wuglar
Wuglar is offline Junior Member

This seems weird they would want all customers being that it is not illegal to make beer or wine. Just illegal to distill it.

I'm not calling you a liar but can you copy and paste the letter?

I just received an order 2 weeks ago and I did not get a letter.

~ Be free and respectful ~

Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message
Today, 10:04 AM #3
scotty
scotty is offline Moderator

Lecanto florida now; but moving to hawiaii after lottery payment

Lots od scams going around.--- this could be one???

1-----Dont hesitate to ask any question. All questions help us all to keep sharp.
2---- Put lots of information in your question. It helps the answers to be more accurate

After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box

Today, 10:11 AM #4
Admin
Admin is online now Administrator

Unfortunately, it is true. I was told that there are ""a couple others"" also getting a demand letter, and I am sure that everyone here can guess who that includes. In my opinion it is likely a scare tactic to try to get us small distillation unit producers to shut down, or scare enough people away to cause us to shut down. I cannot imagine that they think for a second that the actual bootleggers are buying equipment from us, as those people want to avoid a paper trail. And I can only imagine the negative publicity of busting a bunch of little hobbyists, legal or not. People would see that as big government restricting our freedoms.

As for letters to those who have previously purchased, those are coming, but it takes a while to consolidate the e-mail addresses.

Today, 11:52 AM #5
dieselduo
dieselduo is online now Regular Contributor

I really don't see how it could be legal for the Feds to get customer lists from Brewhaus. Admin please let us know what you are planning to do about the ""demand"" letter

Today, 12:10 PM #6
scotty
scotty is offline Moderator

Lecanto florida now; but moving to hawiaii after lottery payment

I still think is a farce. possibly from a competing dealer that is failing and trying to eliminate competitors

1-----Dont hesitate to ask any question. All questions help us all to keep sharp.
2---- Put lots of information in your question. It helps the answers to be more accurate

After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box

Today, 12:18 PM #7
Admin
Admin is online now Administrator

We have already talked to one of our larger commercial distilleries (one that has lawyers, compliance officers, etc., on staff that work with the TTB) to find out if the TTB actually has jurisdiction / a legal right to demand the information. It is within the TTB's regulations, but we need to find out if they have a right to force us to submit the list. If so, then we have no choice but to submit it. If not, then, well, we won't.

Scotty- it is entirely possible. Our lawyer will also ensure that we were not singled out (the TTB agent said that we were not, so our lawyer would have a field day if a government agent lied to a point blank question). If we were singled out, then the lawyer will likely have a good fight. If we were not, then we just have to see if they have a true legal stance or if it is just government bullying.

Today, 12:40 PM #8
dieselduo
dieselduo is online now Regular Contributor

If our privacy were to be invaded I would hope we would get the heads up first

Today, 12:41 PM #9
John Barleycorn
John Barleycorn is offline Senior Member

So you received a letter from the TTB demanding a list of your customers that goes back three years? Do I have that right? Or were you informed that a such a letter was being drafted?

Better start taking an inventory of your personal affiliations ... voter registration, Tea Party, contribtions to political campaigns, religious and/or fraternal organizations, etc., etc. ... and perhaps those of your larger customers. I'm not trying to be funny here ... I'm VERY serious. We've already seen how the IRS wing of the secret police were activated. If you have any doubts, just take a look at history ... how Hitler, Mussolini, and Stalin excuted their first steps during their rise to power: elimination of the opposition ... much of which began through administrative actions using the power of a supposed legitimate authority.

+ Reply to Thread
Quick Navigation Etiquette and Ideas Top