logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

7 Pages«<23456>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline admin  
#61 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 3:52:58 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
JB- I tried to quickly scan through this thread to find the final version, but either missed it or it was not uploaded (or did you simply change the file that was linked at the start of the thread?). In any event, please post it or forward a copy directly to me, as I want to create a Sticky with the file and a link to the list of representatives / congressmen and women to simplify things as much as possible for those who are willing to contact their representatives. I will also provide links from our website and blog.

If possible, make the version "ready to go", so that people can simply print, sign, and send in. You have done a great job on it, and we need to get it into our representatives hands. The simpler we make the process, the more people we may get to actually do this.
Offline John Barleycorn  
#62 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 4:23:50 AM(UTC)
John Barleycorn

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I've been overwriting/updating the initial link in post #1. The latest should be "hd-legalization-1.0.pdf" dated 7/11/2013.
Offline Alli  
#63 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 6:41:24 AM(UTC)
Alli

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
"Hello Everyone,
I had another idea to help get the word out. I have a friend who lives just outside of Atlanta. I sent him a copy of a draft introductory letter and the link to the proposed legislative changes we are trying to get passed and asked that he send them to his congressional folks in Georgia. He is onto wine making and does not even own a still. Mabe if some other members of this forum have friends in other states (or even in the state where they currently reside) and get them to send in a request to legalize home distilling, it will help get congressional attention. If I can help anyone with this, let me know. Alli"
Offline Hokey  
#64 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 4:47:51 AM(UTC)
Hokey

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
H all. I have four packets going out to MA US Senators and Rpresentatives. I know the local state senator pretty well. Would it be worthwhile to contact him being that he is on the state level not federal?
Offline RCRed  
#65 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 5:04:20 AM(UTC)
RCRed

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Folks

I had time today between meetings and work crap so I could spend some time with this, I only did the first section of the PDF because I wanted some feedback about fit and finish, backgrounds, etc..

If I could find a nice shaded picture with distilling appratus I would rather use that as the background, but I opted for something legal looking for now..

yes, I word smithed some of the points, and I try to keep it very to-the-point. Since it is a group effort, I'll make it lok however the team likes, just spit it out...

Since the PDF is too large to upload here, I hosted the pdf file on one of my sites.

Please contact Brewhaus Admin for a copy
Offline admin  
#66 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 5:55:11 AM(UTC)
admin

Quote:
Would it be worthwhile to contact him being that he is on the state level not federal?

Definitely! If we cannot get changes federally, then getting states to move on it would be the next best thing. That could be a stepping stone to getting the regulations changed federally.
Offline admin  
#67 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 6:00:54 AM(UTC)
admin

RCRed- It looks good. Thank you for putting in time on this. Once it is completed I can have it added to the Legalize Hobby Distilling page on our site.
Offline RCRed  
#68 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 6:12:05 AM(UTC)
RCRed

Thanks, Rick - I'm gonna haul the rest of the freight into it now...I just wanted to make sure before I haul the rest of the pages into the template.. Otherwise I have to go back an change oddles of stuff in the master slide set (geek speak) and that causes all manner of spacing issues throuought the ppt - M$uck isn't as good as they think they are in text shifts when style variables change...We all got problems....

One other question - Did you want this branded with the BH logo or keep 'er generic? I can cop the graphic from the webpage and splice it into the cover page pretty easily, jes let me know.

I hope to have this done before Monday, 7/29, but it's music time(it's the weekend) and I've actually some places to play this weekend, and of course, mowing...Forever mowing... UserPostedImage
Offline Maddawgs  
#69 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 8:36:25 AM(UTC)
Maddawgs

Originally Posted by: Hokey Go to Quoted Post
H all. I have four packets going out to MA US Senators and Rpresentatives. I know the local state senator pretty well. Would it be worthwhile to contact him being that he is on the state level not federal?

Hi Hokey,
I'm planning to send to state legislation also. Are you snail mailing or emailing? For federal I was able to get the email for Elizabeth Warren but Ed Markey is so new he currently does not have email. I may have to print and send him a package.
Maddawgs
Offline Maddawgs  
#70 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 8:42:39 AM(UTC)
Maddawgs

Originally Posted by: RCRed Go to Quoted Post
Folks

I had time today between meetings and work crap so I could spend some time with this, I only did the first section of the PDF because I wanted some feedback about fit and finish, backgrounds, etc..

If I could find a nice shaded picture with distilling appratus I would rather use that as the background, but I opted for something legal looking for now..

yes, I word smithed some of the points, and I try to keep it very to-the-point. Since it is a group effort, I'll make it lok however the team likes, just spit it out...

Since the PDF is too large to upload here, I hosted the pdf file on one of my sites.

http://www.jamgoodbluegr...on_V1_0_prelim_Draft.pdf

Hi red,
Nice job so far. As soon as you have it done I'll be sending out packages to my federal and state reps. I had posted a pic of my set up in my "its here" thread. I think it is a fairly common purchased hobby set up and if you would like to use it as a background you have my permission.
Maddawgs
Offline RCRed  
#71 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 8:50:59 AM(UTC)
RCRed

Originally Posted by: Maddawgs Go to Quoted Post
Hi red,
Nice job so far. As soon as you have it done I'll be sending out packages to my federal and state reps. I had posted a pic of my set up in my "its here" thread. I think it is a fairly common purchased hobby set up and if you would like to use it as a background you have my permission.
Maddawgs
Heya MD... Thanks for the feedback.. I just now uploaded a new version (same file name - jes download it agin) where this one has slide numbers, and I've gotten thru the introduction portion and now I am into the meat of it.

I gotta break off for a time and feed the dogs, make a meatloaf fer me missus (yes, I do all the cooking, snicker all ya want) and a few landly chores... I'll be getting back at it later this evenin' or early in the morn over coffee... Looking good on gettin' 'er done by Monday.

Cheers, all..
I'll search out that image and see if I can't get it into a faded gradient background.
Offline Hokey  
#72 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 10:37:00 AM(UTC)
Hokey

Man
United States

"Hi MD, I plan to US mail packets along with a cover letter to Elizabeth Warren and Ed Markey. Both their DC office and their Boston office. I also have one going to Congressman Stephen Lynch,s office in Boston. My cousin has been dating MA State Senator Tom Kennedy for the last 20 years or so so I should at least be able get a meeting with him. Even if he does not like the proposal he can tell me what a good next step would be. All you guys are doing yeoman's work.

Thanks and
Good luck to us all."
Offline Hokey  
#73 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 1:24:30 PM(UTC)
Hokey

Man
United States

My tentative cover letter to Senators etc. I did put my real name & contact info.
Good, bad????

Dear Senator Warren,
I am one of the many people interested in home-brewing beer for personal use. I have recently found several web-sites dedicated to home-distilling as a hobby for personal and private use. While I am not currently distilling me and others would like to see the enclosed changes made to "26 US Chapter 51. These changes would simply put home hobby distilling for personal use on par with brewing beer and making wine which was legalized by Pres. Carter during his administration.
Would you please take a minute and review these proposed changes? It would be greatly appreciated to hear from you regarding your thoughts on the subject and what you think our best course of action would be at this point.
Due to the sensitive nature of this subject I would ask that my name be kept private.
Thank you.
Sincerely,

Scott ___________
Offline Alli  
#74 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2013 5:18:04 AM(UTC)
Alli

"Hokey,
I think your letter is fine. Mine was probaly way to long. If you don't put your real name and contact information on the letter it becomes anonymous junk mail that no one will read; plus they have no way to get back to you. Your privacy request is perfect. Alli"
Offline SlippySlope  
#75 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 2:54:33 PM(UTC)
SlippySlope

"JB: I read your white paper document. Well done...I have a question.

Originally Posted by: John Barleycorn Go to Quoted Post

Page 2.
Effect of the Proposed Changes
You may not distill commercially available products (beers, wines, or distilled spirits).

I assume that you mean that we must make our own wash to distill (and not use commercially available products)?"
Offline RCRed  
#76 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 4:08:47 PM(UTC)
RCRed

All - Full draft PDF has been completed in a powerpoint preentation -

Please contact Brewhaus Admin for a copy.

Comments, replies, curses, and admonitions welcome...

Slippy - yes, only washes we would make - One is not supposed to distill commercially avialble beer, wine or spirits (like Canadian Club) - that was my take on it.
Offline Alli  
#77 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2013 3:17:12 AM(UTC)
Alli

"Red,
Looks good to me. I have 2 clerical suggestions.

On slide #7, paragraph #3. ""Passage of the bill {space} (and ultimately sighed into law) would {have} allowed establishment.......""

It appears that you have the same box at the bottom of slide #10 that you have at the top of slide #11.

Thanks for the hard work. Alli"
Offline RCRed  
#78 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2013 4:17:49 AM(UTC)
RCRed

Originally Posted by: Alli Go to Quoted Post
Red,
Looks good to me. I have 2 clerical suggestions.

On slide #7, paragraph #3. "Passage of the bill {space} (and ultimately sighed into law) would {have} allowed establishment......."

It appears that you have the same box at the bottom of slide #10 that you have at the top of slide #11.

Thanks for the hard work. Alli
Heya Ali, thanks for the feedback.

I've just updated the document for slide 7 grammar - Slide 10 and 11 I repeated the statute for clarity, that's why it got duplicated. I added a block that states that BigGrin

I updated the file names in the previous posts, but the new file is:
http://www.jamgoodbluegr...galization_V1_1._ppt.pdf
Offline RCRed  
#79 Posted : Friday, August 02, 2013 3:09:15 AM(UTC)
RCRed

Folks, it's been almost a week - any one had a chance to look and reccomend any changes?
Offline kane  
#80 Posted : Friday, August 02, 2013 9:52:06 AM(UTC)
kane

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
looks good to me what u think ? i would roll with it