logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

12 Pages«<45678>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline old stump juicer  
#101 Posted : Saturday, July 06, 2013 10:33:01 AM(UTC)
old stump juicer

Groups: Registered

Hay guys I'm still not sure just how secure we should feel,especially since reading about the girl getting busted for cookie dough and bottled water!
It was the ATFE that pulled that stunt.
Offline dieselduo  
#102 Posted : Saturday, July 06, 2013 11:14:43 AM(UTC)
dieselduo

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Guess I missed that one. What was it ?
Offline old stump juicer  
#103 Posted : Saturday, July 06, 2013 2:52:15 PM(UTC)
old stump juicer

I'll have to find it again!
It's been all over the net.
Offline RCRed  
#104 Posted : Saturday, July 06, 2013 3:13:42 PM(UTC)
RCRed

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
She attempted to elude federal officers who made a mistake about her 12 part of LaCriox water, thinkn she was underage, and buying liqour.. they charged her w/assualt, which was later dropped by people who were less-nazi...

http://www.dailyprogress...2-81c4-0019bb30f31a.html

Tellin' Y'all.. never run from the police... Just don't. You get a felony charge for even taking a foot step more.... Even thou that law has varying degree's of eluding, cops always go for a felony.
Offline old stump juicer  
#105 Posted : Sunday, July 07, 2013 4:16:20 AM(UTC)
old stump juicer

The officers were not in uniform and at least one of them had his gun drawn, when the thugs,oops officers rushed the car the girl attempted to drive away,not knowing they were actually thugs,oops officers.
This is just stupid behavior by law enforcement, even if she had beer instead of water there was no excuse to approach her with a gun drawn, under age drinking doesn't normally carry the death penalty!
Offline RCRed  
#106 Posted : Sunday, July 07, 2013 4:38:36 AM(UTC)
RCRed

Agreed, Stump, Agreed... I also feel that LEO's are over the top with violent apprehension bthese days, but at the same time, our polices allow all manner of criminals from South of the border to be here, with no deportation.. But, I fail to see how a 16 year old cauc girl presented any threat

Officers in Hawthorne, Californication recently shot and killed a rottweiller because they'd arrested his owner for videoing an arrest they were making on SOMEONE ELSE.

The guy'd just put his dog in the car, and got a camera out. The cops immediatly went to arrest him for "obstructing justice", and wrestled him down..The dog (They don't get the idea of a badge or a uniform), seeing his master being assaulted
by these "cops" jumped thru a window and was TWENTY FEET away and three nazi's just opened up on him. Those guys faced no cruelty charges and were given a desk job for a while... Hope their Police Gazette comes on time.

It's just over the top to me.
Offline dieselduo  
#107 Posted : Thursday, March 06, 2014 4:28:50 AM(UTC)
dieselduo

saw this on HD forum today
Hi

by Tmschultz6 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:30 pm
I am new to this forum. My wife bought me a still for father's day from brewhaus and I also recieved that letter stating they are providing her information to the TTB. People having been saying on this forum tht they will not come after you because they have bigger fish to fry. Well today five agents showed up at my house and confiscated my still. Since my wife cooperated they did not press charges. Apparently it is illegal to own one in Florida. Just be aware. Thanks
Offline admin  
#108 Posted : Thursday, March 06, 2014 5:36:33 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I have serious doubts about this. If it were illegal to own a still in FL then nobody there could even distill their own water. It is not illegal federally, and it is the federal gov't that is receiving the list from all of the distributors, not individual state agencies. If the still was confiscated then it is far more likely the result of a complaint.
Offline heeler  
#109 Posted : Thursday, March 06, 2014 7:27:07 AM(UTC)
heeler

Groups: Registered, Moderator

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 15 post(s)
"
Originally Posted by: Admin Go to Quoted Post
I have serious doubts about this. If it were illegal to own a still in FL then nobody there could even distill their own water. It is not illegal federally, and it is the federal gov't that is receiving the list from all of the distributors, not individual state agencies. If the still was confiscated then it is far more likely the result of a complaint.

I have no facts on this either but I must agree with Rick on this --- did the FEDS open the book and just point the finger and say ---- ok Ralph lets go take Scotty's still just incase one day he might decide to make a run........ hmmmm i dought it!!!"
Offline John Barleycorn  
#110 Posted : Thursday, March 06, 2014 7:51:03 AM(UTC)
John Barleycorn

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
"Apparently, there was more than one such incidence ... as another thread at HD indicates.

It's difficult to determine if the stories are true. But it appears the two ""searches"" were both in Florida, on the same day ... reported first-hand by two different members. If the stories are true, then it's even more difficult to determine the motivation of the officers ... or what other ""information"" may have been involved.

Quote:
did the FEDS open the book and just point the finger and say ---- ok Ralph lets go take Scotty's still just incase one day he might decide to make a run

Well, they may have checked Scotty's voter registration first, then checked to see if he was a member of certain 501 organizations, or contributed to certain campaigns. They don't need to catch while you're doing a run ... possession of an unregistered still is enough to get the ball rolling. Who knows? Meanwhile, all of the folks breaking federal law in CO get a free pass. It seems like it's safer to grow weed these days ... or be a teacher and use heroin in the school bathrooms."
Offline RCRed  
#111 Posted : Thursday, March 06, 2014 8:13:34 AM(UTC)
RCRed

Originally Posted by: John Barleycorn Go to Quoted Post
Well, they may have checked Scotty's voter registration first, then checked to see if he was a member of certain 501 organizations, or contributed to certain campaigns. ....
Gawd help me then...My right sided Colonial-Conservative/Libertarian stance prolly will be a field day for them! But then again, my paperwork's in order as well as my facility...Damn work has been so very busy this winter, they laid off a ton again so we that remain have extra work (read: nights and weekends)....Hardly any "me" time to produce anything! Sad
Offline admin  
#112 Posted : Thursday, March 06, 2014 9:09:44 AM(UTC)
admin

I think loose lips is likely what started the ball rolling, but that is just a guess...
Offline John Barleycorn  
#113 Posted : Thursday, March 06, 2014 9:43:16 AM(UTC)
John Barleycorn

That actually sounds like the best guess overall.
Offline dieselduo  
#114 Posted : Thursday, March 06, 2014 9:59:12 AM(UTC)
dieselduo

Let's hope that's all to it. Like Scotty said awhile ago we are just small potatoes, why would they waste the man power
Offline Highrisen  
#115 Posted : Friday, March 07, 2014 2:17:15 AM(UTC)
Highrisen

"
Originally Posted by: Admin Go to Quoted Post
I think loose lips is likely what started the ball rolling, but that is just a guess...

I cant see the link, just an inactive icon"
Offline Hokey  
#116 Posted : Friday, March 07, 2014 6:40:49 AM(UTC)
Hokey

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
"
Originally Posted by: dieselduo Go to Quoted Post
saw this on HD forum today
Hi

by Tmschultz6 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:30 pm
I am new to this forum. My wife bought me a still for father's day from brewhaus and I also recieved that letter stating they are providing her information to the TTB. People having been saying on this forum tht they will not come after you because they have bigger fish to fry. Well today five agents showed up at my house and confiscated my still. Since my wife cooperated they did not press charges. Apparently it is illegal to own one in Florida. Just be aware. Thanks

Am I the only one calling ""Bull SH&*"" on this one?"
Offline RCRed  
#117 Posted : Friday, March 07, 2014 7:16:03 AM(UTC)
RCRed

Originally Posted by: Hokey Go to Quoted Post
Am I the only one calling "Bull SH&*" on this one?
Nah Sah - You ain' alone in that POV..
Offline dieselduo  
#118 Posted : Sunday, March 09, 2014 6:30:33 AM(UTC)
dieselduo

Offline admin  
#119 Posted : Sunday, March 09, 2014 12:27:48 PM(UTC)
admin

I am flabbergasted that the government has the time, the resources, or even the inclination, to put toward going after hobbyists. Obviously they have chosen to do so, which means that we have to double-down on our efforts to get hobby distilling afforded the same standing as hobby brewing or wine making.

To that end it is time to reveal what Alli, Biscuit, and I have been up to behind the scenes. We recently had a lengthy call with a lobbyist, who feels that we have a serious fighting chance of getting this hobby legalized, but it will take support, both financially and from people willing to reveal their personal information so that the lobbyists have something to approach individual Senators and Representatives with. We were in the process of putting together the Hobby Distiller's Association, which was going to be more than just a legalization effort, but we wish to build it into something akin to the American Homebrewer's Association. However, the first step is obviously to get started on the legalization effort.

While I am expecting to be stuck with much of the bill (the lobbyist expects roughly a year campaign before we succeed, at $3K/mth- the math sucks!), membership fees will help to ease the burden on us, and also give us the much needed information for the lobbyist to use in presenting our cause. There are, of course, no guarantees, but they have someone who has worked successfully on similar things, and they have said that there is no logical argument against legalization.

Expected individual membership would be in the $30 range (retailers will be considerably higher, and manufacturers / distributors higher still). Who here would get involved? Please be honest, as we need to gauge the level of support that we can expect. I understand that fear is possibly even a bigger factor now than ever before, but at the same time, legalization is more important than ever before, as well. It is time to get this hobby the standing and respect that it deserves. The groundwork has been laid, but we cannot succeed alone.
Offline John Barleycorn  
#120 Posted : Sunday, March 09, 2014 12:40:04 PM(UTC)
John Barleycorn

"
Quote:
We were in the process of putting together the Hobby Distiller's Association

A great idea! And exactly what is needed ... there needs to be one big, consistent voice.

Quote:
Who here would get involved?

You can count me in!"