logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

5 Pages«<2345>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline whaler  
#61 Posted : Tuesday, April 22, 2014 1:02:56 AM(UTC)
whaler

Groups: Registered

Your correct John. These 2 statements are incorrect and I was going to mention that putting a teaspoon of each in anything will not prove they are equal. The dextrose dissolves better. The end. The sucrose has too much trash in it to completely dissolve making it inferior sucrose imho.

On paper, sucrose is the bees knees. In likker, dextrose will always be sweeter. Try it yourself. Even if your just melting it into a jar of your favorite clear..... The dextrose will melt immediately and the sucrose will eventually. Ferment the 2 in equal parts.

I'm easy to get along with. I try to not let anyone else color my attitude. I try to make sure I don't drink too much of my hooch. Makes me act a dern fool. Idk if John.was really trying to get under your skin, but he obviously did. He is correct about the sugars. I will never claim to know what someone else's hooch taste like but I do know what sugar taste like. Evil. There nothing today that they don't try to convert to sugar. Sugar is in everything as well as corn. Those are a good combination if you like likker like us but if your grading sugar...... There is a world of difference. John just came in and said it in a manner that didn't jive with you. That's ok also. He may hate peaches. Idk. But I'll give him and every other person that doesn't try to directly offend me, the benefit of the doubt. At some point we will all add something important to the conversation.
Hopefully I'll still be around.
Offline admin  
#62 Posted : Tuesday, April 22, 2014 1:21:52 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I do not believe that anyone is trying to tell you how something tastes in your own mouth, only clarify the differences between specific sugar types to avoid misinterpretation. The perceived sweetness of different types of sugar is very different.
Offline whaler  
#63 Posted : Tuesday, April 22, 2014 4:13:52 AM(UTC)
whaler

Thanks for chiming in Rick. I got no animosity with anybody. I am just completely under the impression that when the upper echelons quit trying to communicate with the lower class or people that are different than themselves, then we will.all be lost.
#64 Posted : Tuesday, April 22, 2014 6:23:53 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Originally Posted by: Admin Go to Quoted Post
I do not believe that anyone is trying to tell you how something tastes in your own mouth, only clarify the differences between specific sugar types to avoid misinterpretation. The perceived sweetness of different types of sugar is very different.

It's the way he wrote his statement and he really didn't know what I made either. When I did the side by side comparison, the dextrose won hands down. It was smoother and had a much sweeter taste. The sucrose kindly left a really harsh afterbite.
#65 Posted : Tuesday, April 22, 2014 6:38:57 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: whaler Go to Quoted Post
Your correct John. These 2 statements are incorrect and I was going to mention that putting a teaspoon of each in anything will not prove they are equal. The dextrose dissolves better. The end. The sucrose has too much trash in it to completely dissolve making it inferior sucrose imho.

On paper, sucrose is the bees knees. In likker, dextrose will always be sweeter. Try it yourself. Even if your just melting it into a jar of your favorite clear..... The dextrose will melt immediately and the sucrose will eventually. Ferment the 2 in equal parts.

I'm easy to get along with. I try to not let anyone else color my attitude. I try to make sure I don't drink too much of my hooch. Makes me act a dern fool. Idk if John.was really trying to get under your skin, but he obviously did. He is correct about the sugars. I will never claim to know what someone else's hooch taste like but I do know what sugar taste like. Evil. There nothing today that they don't try to convert to sugar. Sugar is in everything as well as corn. Those are a good combination if you like likker like us but if your grading sugar...... There is a world of difference. John just came in and said it in a manner that didn't jive with you. That's ok also. He may hate peaches. Idk. But I'll give him and every other person that doesn't try to directly offend me, the benefit of the doubt. At some point we will all add something important to the conversation.
Hopefully I'll still be around.

Right on my friend. Dextrose is awesome there's no denying that. Not only does it ferment quicker and cleaner, it also produces a much better finished product. Now there are drawbacks to using dextrose. It's alot more expensive and harder to get compared to sugar. And it does take a little bit more in your recipies, but not much more.
Offline John Barleycorn  
#66 Posted : Tuesday, April 22, 2014 11:24:17 AM(UTC)
John Barleycorn

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
"
Originally Posted by: knightmare1015 Go to Quoted Post
It's the way he wrote his statement

Really? ... *SIGH* ... Ok, lets explore this just a bit.

The statement:
Originally Posted by: knightmare1015 Go to Quoted Post
Nope table sugar will not make anywhere as good of a spirit as corn sugar will because corn sugar is at least 10 times sweeter than regular table sugar is.

The fact:
Originally Posted by: John Barleycorn Go to Quoted Post
Nope. Corn sugar = dextrose = glucose ... and the relative sweetness of dextrose/corn sugar/glucose is only 74% that of sucrose. Fructose has the highest relative sweetness at 173% of sucrose.

I'm not exactly getting the ""way he wrote his statement"" thing. If I mirrored your original statement too closely, I'll try to avoid that in the future."
Offline RCRed  
#67 Posted : Tuesday, April 22, 2014 11:49:53 AM(UTC)
RCRed

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
At least the nightmare user name is applicable when mis-information like that is comin' out him, JB.

Any fool that follows that tard's advice will discover it truly is a nightmare.

Sad that Trolls exist, but they do. And tellin' folk's they are on some "Ignore" list is just asinine and guaranteed to generate animosity. SASOB idiot doesn't even realize that stops NOTHING other than you don't see in the new posts list, but everyone else does.

What a Putz. You should be damn glad Rick's a nice guy and they let you post here. I've seen your hor'sh*t bad advice about everywhere else already..till they ban you. Stop misleading people and go become the fuel and spirit baron of Northern Virginia....
Offline whaler  
#68 Posted : Tuesday, April 22, 2014 3:49:30 PM(UTC)
whaler

IDK but I got a good peach recipe out of the deal so Im not mad. I also found out that I could actually over power the mash with too many peaches. Thats a good thing to know cause now Im going to manipulate it with other fruit. Last night of Passover for me so Gug a lug my friends! Gug a lug!
Offline hooksetz  
#69 Posted : Wednesday, April 23, 2014 11:21:46 AM(UTC)
hooksetz

IDK but I got a good peach recipe out of the deal so Im not mad.
I agree, my next batch will be his peach recipe..
#70 Posted : Wednesday, April 23, 2014 1:35:22 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: RCRed Go to Quoted Post
At least the nightmare user name is applicable when mis-information like that is comin' out him, JB.

Any fool that follows that tard's advice will discover it truly is a nightmare.

Sad that Trolls exist, but they do. And tellin' folk's they are on some "Ignore" list is just asinine and guaranteed to generate animosity. SASOB idiot doesn't even realize that stops NOTHING other than you don't see in the new posts list, but everyone else does.

What a Putz. You should be damn glad Rick's a nice guy and they let you post here. I've seen your hor'sh*t bad advice about everywhere else already..till they ban you. Stop misleading people and go become the fuel and spirit baron of Northern Virginia....

You've been reported butt monkey. It's jerks like you and John barely corn that give home distilling a bad name. And for the record, I'm not from northern Virginia. I distill because I love doing it. If can help someone else fine, if they can help me out with something that's fine to. You and John can get lost for all I care.
#71 Posted : Wednesday, April 23, 2014 1:39:51 PM(UTC)

IDK but I got a good peach recipe out of the deal so Im not mad. I also found out that I could actually over power the mash with too many peaches. Thats a good thing to know cause now Im going to manipulate it with other fruit. Last night of Passover for me so Gug a lug my friends! Gug a lug!

Originally Posted by: hooksetz Go to Quoted Post
IDK but I got a good peach recipe out of the deal so Im not mad.
I agree, my next batch will be his peach recipe..

Thanks guys, I'm glad you can enjoy it.
Offline admin  
#72 Posted : Wednesday, April 23, 2014 2:41:02 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
knightmare- while I have been too swamped to stay up on all of the posts, my understanding from a brief scan is that when you were corrected regarding the sweetness level of different sugars you took offense to the correction. JB was trying to avoid inaccurate information from going uncorrected, nothing more. You appear to have taken that personally, responded harshly, and now seem to be trying to run them out of town for doing so. Was Red out of line with the post above? Yes. However, it was in reaction to your attacks, and he pretty much reciprocated in kind. Red and JB have both been here a long time and have contributed significantly to the great information that can be found on this forum, and have never caused any grief.

Even the most seasoned distiller can post something inaccurate from time to time, or write something in a way that it is misunderstood. Instead of taking offense and reacting harshly, use it to learn. I have been in this business nearly 25 years, and I still feel that I am learning from people like Red, JB, and others here. I may own the joint, but if I write something inaccurate I expect to be called out on it. :)
Offline John Barleycorn  
#73 Posted : Wednesday, April 23, 2014 5:03:52 PM(UTC)
John Barleycorn

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Admin Go to Quoted Post
You appear to have taken that personally, responded harshly, and now seem to be trying to run them out of town for doing so.

This is a well documented pattern of behavior for Knightmare ... and not just on this forum. Here are but a few examples:

http://homedistiller.org...pic.php?f=15&t=44950
http://artisan-distiller...opic.php?f=30&t=7958
http://homedistiller.org...opic.php?f=5&t=40365
http://www.fordrangerfor...read-43.html#post1841488
http://www.fordrangerfor...read-44.html#post1841520

He presents false/inaccurate information, people offer corrections, and he attempts to salvage his pride from the perceived embarrassment by acting like the victim. Then, incapable of escaping the truth, he becomes irate, adds people to his "ignore" or "foes" list, and resorts to name calling (just as he did in this thread). Next he'll request that various threads be removed (as he's already done on this forum). Finally, if all goes well (for us), he'll state (in a huff) that he will leave the forum and ne'er return after requesting that his account be deleted.

I recommend that when all of this eventually plays out, don't delete his posts. Rather, maintain them for the benefit of others (other forums, etc.) ... if for no other reason than to help them understand what they're dealing with.
#74 Posted : Wednesday, April 23, 2014 5:17:25 PM(UTC)

^ I submitted a recipie that alot of people in here have tried and enjoyed and things were going good until this douche bag along with his bed buddy red came in here and stirred the pot. Go back to the beginning of thread people and judge for yourselves. All JB and Red do is troll. There was no problem until these guys came into the thread.
#75 Posted : Wednesday, April 23, 2014 5:35:03 PM(UTC)

Because of what they did in this thread, they'll never have my respect. Atrisandistiller.net went against me from the word go because I liked to watch the Moonshiners tv show which by the way is just that, a tv show. Yet if you look up Pintoshine on youtube, the bum went to the Limestone Branch distillery where the main star Tim Smith makes his moonshine and Pintoshine is the admin for artisandistiller.net. Homedistiller.org went against me for getting an AFP just like one member did in here in another thread and they also went against for filtering what I make. They also went against me because I wouldn't make their shine instead of my own. Now we move in here. I've posted photos of my run, and yet I get attacked. I come in here and give a recipie that was mine that didn't come out of a book and I get attacked. Screw you JB and Red go troll elsewhere.
Offline Crabby Krausen  
#76 Posted : Thursday, April 24, 2014 2:46:51 AM(UTC)
Crabby Krausen

You better change your way of responding. The axe is on the way down. You are taking shots t stable regular contributors. Always remember bigwheel lol lol
Offline scotty  
#77 Posted : Thursday, April 24, 2014 2:54:56 AM(UTC)
scotty

Groups: Registered, Moderator

Ill beat you to the punch. Mr Knightmare. This is your one and only warning. I'm not interested in your response. This is not a democracy,
Offline scotty  
#78 Posted : Thursday, April 24, 2014 4:27:16 AM(UTC)
scotty

I told you I didn't want your response soooo bon voyage.
Offline dieselduo  
#79 Posted : Thursday, April 24, 2014 6:09:31 AM(UTC)
dieselduo

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Thanks for keeping the peace Scotty :)
Offline scotty  
#80 Posted : Thursday, April 24, 2014 8:41:15 AM(UTC)
scotty

Originally Posted by: dieselduo Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for keeping the peace Scotty :)

That other BW thought he was not replaceable. We have too nice of a time to tolerate this. I have not been reading all the threads and am usually looking for spammers--WE NEED THE MEMBERS TO REPORT PROBLEMS TO MODERATORS.