logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

7 Pages«<567
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Biscuit  
#121 Posted : Friday, March 21, 2014 4:49:26 AM(UTC)
Biscuit

Groups: Registered

That just means all my business will be with Brewhaus....Period.

Thanks for all of this Rick.

Biscuit/Will
Offline admin  
#122 Posted : Friday, March 21, 2014 5:13:57 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I appreciate that, Will, but that is not the intent behind my mentioning it. My goal is to get the most support possible, as that is what it will take to make our representatives take notice. I want everyone here to know that we may have to push a little bit harder, but we have input now stating that we are on the best possible path. :)
Offline RandyMarshCT  
#123 Posted : Friday, March 21, 2014 7:54:08 AM(UTC)
RandyMarshCT

Man
United States

Rick, I agree with Biscuit. I haven't bought a lot of stuff from you in the past, but for my future needs you'll be my first choice... just for the simple fact that you are doing so much work here. I purchased a flute from another manufacturer in fall of 2012. I thought for sure he would be on board... guess not. My loyalty will remain with those who show their loyalty to the hobby. It's not just a Brewhaus thing for me... any other supplier who steps up to the plate will make my list of "approved" suppliers. It's too bad, because I have several thousand dollars in gear from other companies.

Have faith my friend! We're gonna do this, even if it's only a dozen of us!
Offline flht01  
#124 Posted : Friday, March 21, 2014 1:34:16 PM(UTC)
flht01

Originally Posted by: Admin Go to Quoted Post
... My goal is to get the most support possible, as that is what it will take to make our representatives take notice...

Anybody here have any experience creating podcast or involved with hobbies that are publishing them on a regular basis, such as Beersmith. A plug describing the movement with the site address in the notes would sure get it out to a big audience.

Just a thought ...
Offline admin  
#125 Posted : Friday, March 21, 2014 1:41:06 PM(UTC)
admin

Quote:
Anybody here have any experience creating podcast or involved with hobbies that are publishing them on a regular basis, such as Beersmith. A plug describing the movement with the site address in the notes would sure get it out to a big audience.

That is a great idea. We know that this is the next logical step for brewers and winemakers, so there would likely be a great deal of support there.
Offline flht01  
#126 Posted : Friday, March 21, 2014 2:45:50 PM(UTC)
flht01

That is a great idea. We know that this is the next logical step for brewers and winemakers, so there would likely be a great deal of support there.

I've listened to BeerSmith a few times and have heard phone interviews on various topics. Even a short interview could help break down a few barriers/fears and reach a very large audience.
A Youtube video attached to the Hobby Distillers Association website explaining the hobby might also help differentiate us from "that show".
Offline admin  
#127 Posted : Friday, March 21, 2014 2:58:01 PM(UTC)
admin

Who here wants to be famous? Tongue
Offline flht01  
#128 Posted : Friday, March 21, 2014 3:08:49 PM(UTC)
flht01

Who here wants to be famous? Tongue

Im afraid I'd make Jim Tom look like a true scholar
Offline RCRed  
#129 Posted : Friday, March 21, 2014 4:22:29 PM(UTC)
RCRed

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I might bite off on some of that, Rick :) I have years of experience in presentation from my work in IT. If I had the material I can pull that off as well as the filming and formatting. I do that for my local band I play in for our youtube site for the 3 or 4 followers we have (our Wives and girlfriends, and two nice ladies from the Senior center)...

Zymurgy Bob had suggested I do about the same for showing how DTraK works. That said, my voice and face is already gonna be out there. Why not this?
Offline admin  
#130 Posted : Saturday, March 22, 2014 2:14:59 AM(UTC)
admin

That would be fantastic, Red. Let me know what you need from me and you can go to town with it. When it is up we can also link to it from the HDA website. My wife is going to take care of running a FB page for it (I am terrible at keeping up on the Brewhaus FB page!). And, once the HDA website is a little 'prettier' we should be in great shape. Things are coming together quickly! Wink
Offline RCRed  
#131 Posted : Saturday, March 22, 2014 3:18:55 AM(UTC)
RCRed

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I've gotta make some store/supply/feed runs right now, but...

1 - The basic manifesto of our message

2 - what we stand for and agin.. (like selling or other illegal activities)

3 - How Folks can help

4 - Ongoing broadcasts on our progress on a periodic basis - the key to keeping the online interest is fresh content - constantly ...That's partically what makes "Facial Book" so successful - it's all psuedo-real time .

Forum owners(myself incl) hated (and in many cases still do) when FB came out, as it took the concept of specialized forums to a new level. Over the years, I have learned the importance between the two delivery models.

Old style specialty forums are like pot stills on a spirit run, where as Facial Book is like a plate still with god knows what boiling under it.. :)

I'll post more later today in a couple of separate threads on this and the graphic backgrounds for HDA - I like team efforts and contributions - I'm just the wrench Wink
Offline captinjack  
#132 Posted : Saturday, March 22, 2014 6:06:53 AM(UTC)
captinjack

My computer was down for a couple weeks and just got back online and found the new HDA and I can say I am now an official member.
Offline admin  
#133 Posted : Saturday, March 22, 2014 6:19:42 AM(UTC)
admin

Awesome! Thanks for the support, Captin'
Offline flht01  
#134 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2014 12:40:58 AM(UTC)
flht01

Don't hesitate to reach out to an audience that has no affiliation to the brewing/distilling world. Here's a small example:
https://brushnsoapnblade...-stuff-first-shave-pt-2/
The link above is to a podcast on wet shaving and hopefully an example on how the general public views our effort. Please take a minute to rate the podcast as a show of appreciation.