logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline bill  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2007 11:58:31 PM(UTC)
bill

Groups: Registered

hi, im building my own internal reflux still from scratch and are thinking of using a 45 ltr beer keg for the boiler. i am looking for good good ideas to heat it. not sure if i can fit an eliment to it. thought of gas burners but im not sure how safe this is. trying to keep the whole thing abit low cost if possible while at the same time working well. anyone have ant experience with beer keg boilers or ideas? thanks
Offline joeninpo  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2007 3:53:21 PM(UTC)
joeninpo

Groups: Registered

Hi! Looks like we have a similar setup that we're building. I have the same question, but I'm just going to jump right into doing it the really old fashioned way. I'm building a fire pit that my keg can sit on (with adjustable heights for some semblance of temperature control). I have over 70 trees in my back yard with LOTS of limbs constantly falling in the yard, so I thought I might as well put them to good use! I'll be busy with the construction of the still and pit over the next couple of weeks, so I'll let you know how it turns out and post some pics as soon as I get them. :)