logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline brew  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 28, 2007 10:59:53 AM(UTC)
brew

Groups: Registered

"If you have not heard of this, google it up! This filter is a bottle to bottle pour, and takes 4 quick runs to change any cheap bottom shelf, crap vodka into a world class spirit. Could even help on bad cuts or sloppy runs. You Tube has some video. (Not affiliated to them in any way and this thing will strip any flavored spirits so vodka only)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVQ-ePRHAt4"
Offline Snidlywhip  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 12, 2008 3:33:21 AM(UTC)
Snidlywhip

I got one of these and it works pretty good. it makes a cheap crap vodka taste good. 4 times through and it is done. I have not used it for what I make yet.
Offline tomsawyer  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 25, 2008 4:15:15 AM(UTC)
tomsawyer

I have a question about that I've seen the Utube vid. The grey kangaroo does not have that much carbon capcity (which is what I assume they are useing) My batches typicaly run at a gallon or so, My question is why should I need all the carbon recomended by home distillers hand book to filter what little I make?
Offline Snidlywhip  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 25, 2008 6:27:21 AM(UTC)
Snidlywhip

I have not used the Grey Kangaroo on home made yet, but I can say that it works like a charm on store bought cheep vodka. If it works that good on nasty stuff I think it would do wonders for real good home made. Or, maybe that is the difference. The nasty store bought stuff is cleaned up where the good stuff needs more charcoal to make any difference. What we make at home is much better than any store bought.