logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline mr. x  
#21 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2012 8:36:51 AM(UTC)
mr. x

Groups: Registered

"
Originally Posted by: davey_homebrewer Go to Quoted Post
I am with you wade, I wish someone would give a step by step detail - sort of like ""how to make whiskey for dummies"" - explaining each step from start to end.

I realize it would be quite an undertaking, but the recipe at the start is very close, just needs some futher details - like the backset part. Does this mean you need to make two runs to get to the bottling step? or is backstep for other runs in future?

the home distillers workbook will giveyou every bit of info dumbed down enough that a 6 year old could make some fine whiskey my mom bought me it the other day for my birthday id spend the 10$ or however much on amazon for it it had more info than i could have imagined for how small it is"
#22 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2012 11:18:15 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

I give up on buying books when Alfgore invented the internet. Ghorontee there is more info floating around in cyber space than all the books in the world can contain. Now I always thought Irish Whiskey was cheap Scotch..but I got corrected by a conesewer somewhere along the way. It apparently only tastes like crappy scotch to the unedumacated pallette or something like that.
Offline scotty  
#23 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2012 12:07:09 AM(UTC)
scotty

Groups: Registered, Moderator

"my next irish style whiskey will be from all malted barley. I have the barley. Im in processing of constructing a HOT LIQUOR TANK that automatically maintaines the desired temperature for sparging. I want to convert a car radiator to a water cooling device but thats later.
I made the one in the recipe that i first posted. My friends liked it. I hate whiskey by itself. SORRY."
Offline John Barleycorn  
#24 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2012 12:41:17 AM(UTC)
John Barleycorn

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
"
Originally Posted by: bigwheel Go to Quoted Post
Now I always thought Irish Whiskey was cheap Scotch..but I got corrected by a conesewer somewhere along the way. It apparently only tastes like crappy scotch to the unedumacated pallette or something like that.

Wow! I always thought that drinking scotch was like sucking on an oak tree after throwing some lighter fluid on it ... never knew I was drinking crappy scotch all this time. I better throw that bottle of Jameson in the trash and send my palette to post graduate school before the conesewers come knocking! BigGrin

--JB"