logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 02, 2006 5:42:29 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Hello I am new at this but its been a year now and i am stilll trying to figure out the alcohol process well I will get to the point ok as every one knows at the end of summer if you have fruit trees you get a healthy harvest of what ever you have but I have a unlimited supply of choke cherrys, crab apples, apples, and mountan ash berrys and I whant to make the hardest alochol but yet still have that fruit flavor and I need a eazy quick recipe for turning theaz into fruit vodka
but I dont whant any books recomended to me i know how to work a still I just need the recipes
O i can get prety much any fruit/vegie
so fro thoes people with eazy good tasteing recipes plz feel free to post away
#2 Posted : Monday, July 03, 2006 5:21:11 AM(UTC)

Personally, I will take 95% and cut it with distilled water and suger ,not to much, to give a little sweetness. Then I add what ever fruit I want to the mixture and allow it to sit and get happy together. I have that peach, blueberry and raspberry are all great. The alcohol pulls the flavors and color from the fruit and if you finish of the jar the fruit is not bad either.

Ati2ude
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 05, 2006 1:41:34 PM(UTC)

dose fruit form the can work also
idk if home canning is any dirfent than the store
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 07, 2006 1:18:41 PM(UTC)

Yes it does work, I do not care for them as much as I do the fresh local varities. I have also used frozen fruit with success. Alot of this is about experimenting to determine your likes and dislikes. I suggest picking up some small jelly jars and start mixing some stuff up. Try them when you start to see the color change. You will know when they are ready, take good notes during the curring and amount of fruit you used so that you can duplicate or get as close to that same result as possible.

Most of all have fun.
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 07, 2006 2:26:39 PM(UTC)

lol I love doing this stuff but it can get prety hard with a mom breathing down ur back lol but ya i will expirement and thanks for the help
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 06, 2007 4:14:49 AM(UTC)

jeezz I hate this late winter weather hopefully it wont end up like last year where if froze all the buds on the trees and it ended up killing all the fruit except for a few choke cherries it sucked.. but this year even if it happens my rhubarb usually makes it and I will be growing corn so cant wait for this coming up growing season ...........any one have any ideas on some plants that can be grown in the garden but makes excellent alcohol/liquor but can be grown in pa's harsh climate
#7 Posted : Tuesday, February 06, 2007 7:51:00 AM(UTC)

an alcohol flavor i ahve always loved is sloe gin... made from sloe berries... but where i live i have NEVER seen them in grocery stores nor do i really even know how/where to grow them... but if someone knows/has an idea of a supply of sloe berries, i would be very interested...
#8 Posted : Tuesday, February 06, 2007 10:35:27 AM(UTC)

Slow berries come from the Blackthorn tree which is indiginous to Europe and parts of Asia. It's mostly grown in the British Isles and Ireland.

Besides sloe gin, sloe berries are very tonic bitters. They are astringent, and stimulate the metabolism, clean the blood, and are used as a laxative and diuretic. They help with indigestion, eczema, herpes, allergies, colds, catarrh, neurosis, weak heart, kidney stones, skin, bladder, and prostrate problems. They disperse toxins.

Having said all that, the only place I know that sells them is:
http://www.wildfoods.com/searchresults.cfm

Good luck! Let us know how they turn out.

Cheers