logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 30, 2006 4:01:25 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

well I am trying a verry strange method I am takeing all the alochol out of the wine with my still their is no steam that comes out of it all that comes out is drips of alochol I think it is working because I smelled it and their was a sent of alochol but way to strong for me is this working right or am i doing it wrong can some 1 plz help me
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 30, 2006 5:07:35 PM(UTC)

See my reply to your post in the 'General' section of this forum.
#3 Posted : Friday, March 31, 2006 1:48:04 PM(UTC)

Your still seems to be working just fine. You don't want steam to be coming of your drip nozzle, if there is any you are boiling your wine/wash/mash at to high a temperature. If you are heating your still over an open flame any gas/steam coming out of your drip nozzle contains quite a bit of flammable elements and that can be dangerous.

The initial drip you will be getting will have a very high alcohol content, the longer you collect the lower the alcohol ,and lighter gas, levels will be and the higher the content of your heavier substances ,the ones that usually contain more of the flavor, will be.

Hope this helps any.

Al The Chemist.
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 05, 2006 11:13:03 AM(UTC)

yes I am now going to put on a temp thermometer well see the thing is I whant to mainly make my alochol for partys and my personal bar.
so is their any good essences that you would recomend.
by the way thank you for this info I am so glad that this is going so smoothly besides that little problem but now it is taken care of
just abought done I woud like to add I like storng alochol it gets you drunk quick and that means you need to make less of it so you wont have to carry as much
I am sorry that my spelling is so bad I am typeing in a dark room
#5 Posted : Friday, April 07, 2006 5:48:53 AM(UTC)

If you're looking to make your own flavored spirits, I'd recommend you pick up a copy of 'The Alaskan Bootleggers Bible'. I find using essences does not give you as pleasurable as result as using fresh ingredients. The bootleggers bible has a pretty big section of recipes that will give you a good idea of how to get on your way.