logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2004 3:24:25 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Can one one give me tips, tricks and making brandy.. Blackberry brandy would be nice but ill take any tips... thanks
#2 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2004 1:48:15 PM(UTC)

Brandy of course is the distillate from the fermented fruit. In this case you would ferment blackberries ,Just make dry blackberry wine, and then distill. I have made many fruit brandies this way. One that pleases my firends is an apple brandy that compares with Calvados. Kirschwasser is made this way. Oh, use a potstill to retain the smell and taste of the fruit.

Otherwise you could make a blackberry schnaps. Not the over sweet stuff they drink in the US. I mean a good German type. Soak fruit in alcohol, in this case the blackberries, and then redistill. Again use a pot still. You will be amazed at the fruit essences that will come over in the distillate.

It will take less fruit to make the schnaps then if you make the brandy. You can try mixing alcohol and fruit wine also. ApfelKorn is made by mixing apple cidre with grain alcohol ,Korn,.
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2005 9:39:39 AM(UTC)

how much fruit is reqired for making schnapps?
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2005 8:53:27 AM(UTC)

It depends on the fruit. I find that about 1/2 litres of blackberries works well depending on the amount of alcohol you have. I soak the balckberries in about 6 litres of 30 to 40% alcohol and then redistill. This gives a light flavor. Start with clean tasteless alcohol as much as possible. I dilute with distilled water to make sure the still won't boil dry.

If you don't want a clear product just soak the fruit and then drink. Some like to add sugar.
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 08, 2006 2:34:03 AM(UTC)

Can anyone please tell me how much apple to use to make a 6 gal. u.s. wash for apple brandy?
I've made a few batches of straight alcohol and want to learn how to make something other than rocket fuel.
thanks,
ROAR714