logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 24, 2004 3:16:19 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

usually what i do is take the gpapes from the prees fill distiller with 1/2wine firstthen 1/4 grapes from press boil then make sure u have cold water going thew the machine i have stainless steel
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 01, 2004 1:29:24 AM(UTC)

Here is a picture of my reflux tower, made several years ago, based on plans I found. It is all Stainless with marbles in the tower. Was wondering if replacing marbles with copper scrubbers would be beneficial. Since I am hearing that some copper in vapor path is very good thing.
Have only run one batch thru this and it came out 185 proof. Distillant was apple wine, after diluting, it wasn't bad. Am currently working a batch of sugar/water mash with turbo yeast, for use with essence.
Do you see any other problems with my setup that could give me better results.
Temperature control was touchy but worked OK, but since water only bisects the tower in three cross-direction places, I think that this should have been done differently in hindsite.
Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 01, 2004 3:36:01 AM(UTC)

this may sound crazy.but go to a macine shop that has some machining they operate on copper and ask for the shavings. all you are doing is taking the water out of the vapor so if you were to us copper shavings whith possibly a copper screen down low you would probably get excellant results and add the copper content you want. you could see proofs of 190 or better. please reply and tell me just how crazy this sounds brewman34 at [email="ens961997
yahoo.com"]ens961997
yahoo.com[/email]
#4 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2005 11:58:51 PM(UTC)

Use pure copper from brewhaus and it will be alot better than just pot scrubbers!
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2005 2:25:42 PM(UTC)

Ever thought about rashing rings?