logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline hypnoman  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 03, 2019 6:21:31 AM(UTC)
hypnoman

Groups: Registered

Hey guys, very happy to find an active forum. Looking forward to helping where I can.

I have a strange problem. I have a recipe I am using and its allegedly tried and true.

30 Gal
Baking Soda 115g
Yeast 25g
DAP 125g
Sugar 35kg
Urea 250g
Citric Acid 275g
Potassium Carbonate 115g
Marmite 162.5g
Black Strap Molasses 3kg
Soy Meal 250g

Soak the soy for 24 hours to soften, puree the soy with molasses, marmite, Urea and DAP. Add water to about 8 liters, this is the nutrient.

Water, sugar into the fermenter and dissolved.

Citric Acid, Pot Carb and soda with a little water makes a water conditioner and this goes into the fermenter after it reacts with itself.

60% of the nutrient goes into the fermenter and brought the fermenter up to 30 degrees.

Started the yeast in a liter of water warm water, added a cup of the wash and waited. Lots of action on the yeast.

Pitched the yeast.

In the fermenter is an aeration stone providing lots of O for the first 24 hours as well as a submersible pump for the entire ferment.

This recipe started off with a bang. My first batch it was going so fast, that the fermenter overflowed.

OG was 1.115, temp down to 27 and held after the first 24 hours.

Day 2 it was still going crazy. It was amazing. The original poster from the place I found this recipe said 72 hour ferment to get down to 0.98 with an 15-18% ABV.

I am now on day 6, its at 0.045 and is rather stuck. No idea what happened but it slowed down yesterday and the day before.

Do I need to leave it ? do I pitch the yeast again? It was a lot of work and not a cheap to get started. I made another batch to see if the issue would repeat but any help would be amazing.

It really shouldn't take more than a week to ferment .... the OP from another forum said 72 hours. I know thats lofty but I am double that now and only a little more than half way done.

Thanks...