logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline j3hx  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 7:17:30 AM(UTC)
j3hx

Groups: Registered

Hello all, New here but have lurked around home brew/destilling forums for quiet some time. I am eventually, if I find I enjoy doing this for a while, going to move to a 15.5 keg but for now im going to give a 5 gallon a try.

This is what I have in mind: As far as the boiler/heat source..

UserPostedImage

Its a 5 gallon keg, with
200000 BTU, Regulator 20 PSI heat burner. I may eventually convert this guy over to a thumper one day.

I am awaiting my 2" pot still column to ship from Brewhaus so shouldnt be too much longer and I can hopefully get started.

I wanted to build my own but by the time i buy all the soldering equipment and materials i figured id instead spend a little less and go this route to see if this is something ill enjoy doing for a while. Studying up has been fun and interesting, so I imagine I will like it more when i get started.. We shall see.

I just wanted to post and see if this will be a decent starter? Even if not i have multiple uses for these parts at least so win win :).

Thanks Everyone, I will probably use this as a log of sorts to keep track of things and maybe be a help to someone else on down the line.

Offline dieselduo  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 3:50:13 PM(UTC)
dieselduo

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Welcome ! It will get you started. Do a lot of reading and may I suggest starting off with something in the tried and true like ujssm until you get your feet wet
Offline j3hx  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2018 1:25:31 PM(UTC)
j3hx

Thank You! I actually had that one in mind, as well as a corn flake.Once my column comes in ill add another update. Plan to start the ferment for the strip run once the column ships. Ill run some vinegar water through it and clean it all up the hopefully by then ill be ready to strip and get the 1st gen started.