logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline truongthanh  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2015 10:59:31 PM(UTC)
truongthanh

Groups: Registered

Although slow to start showing signs of life, after about 20-24 hrs from pitching, the yeast in my new batch of Irish Stout (my second brewing attempt) was sending light foam into the air lock. In order to prevent the mess that I woke to find the day after making my first brewing attempt, I removed the cap to the airlock and ran a tube from the stem to a small bucket until things settled enough to replace with a fresh cleaned and sanitized airlock. The question is now, how to clean out the stout colored residue left behind by the foam as it traveled down the tube. While the airlock is in worse shape and looks like its been used to brew coffee for a few days, soaking in PBW and cotton swabs seems to be doing the trick for the most part.
Six feet of 5/16" tubing is another issue. Any advice for cleaning the tubing so I dont have to worry about it causing future problems or have to replace the hose?

Đặt tiệc liên hoan công ty

Edited by user Saturday, April 11, 2020 7:12:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Hokey  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 03, 2015 11:14:11 PM(UTC)
Hokey

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hello, you don't need to replace the hose. Hot water with "Starsan" or something of that ilk and wring the crap out of it. I think I saw a hose cleaner on the Brewhaus web site but that was a while ago. If that does not work get a new hose. Good luck.