logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Whaler Dan  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 27, 2015 4:19:58 PM(UTC)
Whaler Dan

Groups: Registered

Confused Gives different temps and ferment days for different amounts of sugar. I get that BUT..... " 17 lbs sucrose 68 deg Amb, 7 days and 86 deg Amb 4-5 days ". I am supposing that you want to keep temp at 68 for the first 7 days, (nice, slow, controlled ferment) then get temp up to 86 to allow whatever has not been fermented at that low temp to finish the cycle?? So a total of 11-12 days for the full cycle at different temps?? I'm still extremely new to the show so forgive me for my lack of knowledge however I would be a complete idiot for not asking and then tossing the whole mess down the drain because I thought I knew it all. YOU guys are the masters. I only hope I can help out when needed when I know the answer to someone's question as you folks have been helping me out. I've done a lot of reading in the forums so as not to ask the same questions everyone else has in the past. But I just can't find any info on this one. Thanks in advance!!
Offline admin  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 27, 2015 6:25:21 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Fermentation will be faster at a higher temperature. The temperature / days to ferment is an estimate, and suggests that at 68'F the fermentation will take about 7 days, while at 86'F it will take only 4-5 days.
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
Whaler Dan on 2/27/2015(UTC)
Offline Whaler Dan  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 27, 2015 8:19:29 PM(UTC)
Whaler Dan

Groups: Registered

Thanks again for the timely response and info. I think the package ought to state this temp for this many days "OR" that temp for that many days not "AND". For dummies like me it's a little misleading. Glad I asked and thanks again.