logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline scotty  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 05, 2015 11:19:31 AM(UTC)
scotty

Groups: Registered, Moderator

How do I add my avatar?? please :)
Offline MaryP  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 05, 2015 11:33:36 AM(UTC)
MaryP

Groups: Administrators
Woman
United States

Hi Scotty,

You can upload your own avatar by clicking on "My Profile" (at the top) to get to your Control Panel. On the left-hand side, under Personal Profile, click "Modify Avatar."

If your image is larger than 100x100px, it'll just be resized.

We're still configuring the new features of the forum software, so please let me know if you have any other questions, or if something isn't working properly!

Thanks,
Mary
Offline scotty  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 05, 2015 11:39:17 AM(UTC)
scotty

I got it-- Thanks and who is mary P.? please
Offline MaryP  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 05, 2015 11:46:20 AM(UTC)
MaryP

Woman
United States

My name is Mary, and I've been working at Brewhaus since September to help Rick with managing his various websites. I don't know a ton about distilling, but I've been learning a lot since I started working here. I'm mainly here for web development, design, and maintenance, so if you have any technical questions about the forum, I can help with those.

I don't expect to post very much here, except in the beginning as we're configuring the new software and everybody is still getting used to it! :)
Offline heeler  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 06, 2015 8:32:57 AM(UTC)
heeler

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Hi MaryP, my name is Tim I also want info on the avatar install. I followed you info that you gave Scotty but it still wont add the pic. Maybe the pixel's are too high in the photo I'm trying or I'm just doing it wrong.

Your message said that if the pic was too big it would just be modified, I take that as no matter the pic I choose it will modify and use the pic is that right? I have pics on my laptop that I'm trying to use but I'm missing something I think, plz assist me.
I thought the instructions on the site were easy to understand but it's not cooperating very well.
Offline MaryP  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 06, 2015 9:20:42 AM(UTC)
MaryP

Woman
United States

Hi heeler,

No problem, I'm happy to help.

Why It Might Not Be Uploading:
So there's a max file-upload size of 146KB to help keep the site loading quickly even if users upload a ton of pictures. We're not quite as "big" as a site like Facebook, so while the forum will automatically RESIZE the dimensions of the photo, it doesn't automatically COMPRESS it and make it a smaller file.

What To Do:
Try checking the file size of the image. If it's a .jpeg that's bigger than 146KB, you can compress it at http://www.jpegmini.com/main/shrink_photo and that will reduce the file size for you.

If it's still not working for you and the file size is less than 146KB, send me a PM and I can help you further.

Thanks!
Mary