logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MikeeB  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 09, 2014 11:45:36 AM(UTC)
MikeeB

Groups: Registered

Hello, I'm just getting things together to build my first still. I have a 15 gallon keg and a 20' roll of 1/2" soft tubing for my worm. I've been doing a lot of reading and haven't decided if I want to run through a thumper or not. Any suggestions since this will be my first still. I am interested in making whiskey and rum and want to keep it simple at first. Any assistance will be appreciated
Offline heeler  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 10, 2014 3:42:11 AM(UTC)
heeler

Groups: Registered, Moderator

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Hey Mike, go to the --Technical Support forum and scroll through the threads there that should give you some idea's and info to help you out.

Also go to the video forum and you can find out how to remove the spear from the keg.

Now then I think you need to add tower to your keg, you gotta figger out how to connect the copper anyway and connecting the tower is just as easy or maybe even easier than just sticking that 1/2 copper in the top and calling it good ta go. Ya gotta remove the spear so you can fill the keg to boil your mash and make a run anyway. Just search around the site here and you should find all you need to make a keg work just fine.