logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Design2Brew  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 03, 2014 7:12:37 AM(UTC)
Design2Brew

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
"We are getting ready to form a home brew club in the St Louis area to provide a place to like minded people to meet and exchange ideas and information on what has become our new passion.

Our laws Missouri provides a unique opportunity to let us come out of the shadows and be treated the same as our cousins who make beer, wine cider and mead. (All of which we are also licensed to make.) And, I am not afraid of testing uncharted waters.

I will keep everyone advised as to where we are and some of the unique activities we will be sponsoring once the club is up and running"
thanks 1 user thanked Design2Brew for this useful post.
chachabella on 1/8/2015(UTC)
Offline John Barleycorn  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 03, 2014 8:38:18 AM(UTC)
John Barleycorn

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
"Hi Design2Brew,

You folks in Missouri are certainly in a fairly unique situation. I wish you the very best of luck with your new club. It sounds like you'll have a great time. If you don't mind, please encourage your members to visit the Hobby Distiller's Association website:

http://www.hobbydistillersassociation.org

and perhaps consider joining our efforts to legalize at the federal level (followed by individual states). Once hobby distilling is legal at the federal level, you lucky folks in Missouri will be 100% legal. Your current state distilling laws certainly speak towards individual liberty and responsibility. It's something I'm sure you are all very proud of.

Best Regards,
--JB"