logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline yurmo  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 29, 2014 7:20:52 AM(UTC)
yurmo

Groups: Registered

"My wife likes the grocery starbucks in the small bottles. I make a vodka or grain if you prefer at 95%. I know these bottle and tops would be food grade but how about at this %. I would like to use as gift bottles.

Thanks

Yurmo"
Offline heeler  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 29, 2014 11:18:34 AM(UTC)
heeler

Groups: Registered, Moderator

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 15 post(s)
"Why on earth would you WANT to consume 190 proof likker????

Vodka is sugar
Grain is whiskey

What kind of unit so you run and how big are you usual ferments, if you dont mind???"
Offline yurmo  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 30, 2014 7:14:07 AM(UTC)
yurmo

"heeler,

2 plastic fermenter buckets add add 6 gallons of water 1 box Gerber whole-wheat cereal and 12 pounds plain white sugar let work slow and cool. When it's finished working (I let it go till cup in air lock lays on the tube coming from the cover) then siphon off turb into 2 clean buckets. Then I strip, I siphon 2 fermenters into my 15 gallon kettle add the top section of my PSII with 1 roll of copper in it throw out first 8 oz run untill down to 20%. From the 12 gallon start I get 3 1/2 gallons I put in glass carboy. I then take a gallon of distilled water and add 4 1/2 teaspoons canning salt and 4 1/2 tablespoons baking soda shake to mix add to carboy then shake that also. I let sit for a least a month. I distill 1 carboy at a time I use my 8 gallon kettle and both sections of my PSII filled with copper mesh when I get up to temp I put in total reflux for at least an hour and go slow. Usually get 4 8 oz jars of fores, 6 quarts of good stuff over 90%, rest till 20% goes in redo 2-3 quart. If you need more detail let me know."
Offline heeler  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 01, 2014 12:49:45 AM(UTC)
heeler

Groups: Registered, Moderator

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Ahhhhh, that sounds like a really clean spirit indeed. But of course you dont swill 85% in a shot glass ---- right???? I'm nowhere near that tough.
Offline RCRed  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 01, 2014 5:14:04 AM(UTC)
RCRed

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Originally Posted by: heeler Go to Quoted Post
.... But of course you dont swill 85% in a shot glass ---- right???? I'm nowhere near that tough.
Me neither - just a spoonful of that strength seems to burn mustache hair clean off when sippin' Wink