logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline sabu386  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 23, 2014 4:16:14 AM(UTC)
sabu386

Groups: Registered

I ran up with 9000w hot water heater elements while working on a tank less hot water heater. They are 40 dollar ish from a company called Eco Smart. They sell direct and the elements will easily fit in a 1/2 keg. In my past searching 6000w was the largest I had seen for 240v. This to me looks to be a better alternative to duel elements for rapid warmups .Just a shade under 40A .
Offline captinjack  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 23, 2014 4:34:03 AM(UTC)
captinjack

I don't think you need two elements or 9000w to heat up a 1/2 keg. My single 5500w element on 240v will heat up my 15g boiler w/10-12g in it in 30-35 min. than I need to start turning the heat down so it don't heat up the column to fast and smear the product. And I try to plan it to use the heat up time to finish getting things set up. It's just my opinion and what I do... But if you try it let us know how it works out...
Captinjack
Offline sabu386  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 23, 2014 5:53:14 AM(UTC)
sabu386

Originally Posted by: captinjack Go to Quoted Post
I don't think you need two elements or 9000w to heat up a 1/2 keg. My single 5500w element on 240v will heat up my 15g boiler w/10-12g in it in 30-35 min. than I need to start turning the heat down so it don't heat up the column to fast and smear the product. And I try to plan it to use the heat up time to finish getting things set up. It's just my opinion and what I do... But if you try it let us know how it works out...
Captinjack

Something like this would need to be planed on at the beginning, 40 circuit, controller, ect When I researched heating elements 6000 was the most I found and built a system around a 5500. This post was is just let other people know what is out there. Maybe everybody already knows and I just missed them in my searching for elements. My goal is just to help someone in the planning stages. BTW I agree 5500 do a good job.