logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline cabobill  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2014 3:41:50 AM(UTC)
cabobill

Groups: Registered

well the crappie finallly came up shallow and we caught the heck out of them,42 nice keepers in a little over an hour,we fish from the bank about 2-3 ft deep and only 3-5 foot from the bank,we used jigs on fiberglass poles.my hen fried them up using long john silvers batter and some with cornmeal last nite what a treat,my son ate so much he was almost ill,we had a little of my last all grain batch and the evening was a blast.now we dont always fry fish but they are so good,will broil them next time and make hushpuppies with jalapenos and onions,just had them last nite and im looking forward to some more later this week.also saw my frist asparagus of the year in my garden this morning.aint life good
Offline RCRed  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2014 4:41:38 AM(UTC)
RCRed

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Directions, dammit! :) - I know a bluegrass band that plays for fried crappie and Jalapeno puppies Wink

What lake in these parts actually have fish? - It sure'n hell ain' Hubbard..
Offline cabobill  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 4:10:07 AM(UTC)
cabobill

well lets see,these were caught at lake quitman,however ther is holbrook,winnsboro and lake fork,come help me catch em and we let lem swim one last time in some hot grease.my son sure could use a guitar lesson,he is 17 and is an excellent player he just needs some new input to expand his base.the fishing will be real good for the next few months,then we will have to take out my bass boat over some deep brush piles,we still catch em good,just need the boat.fishing from the bank is cool,a few cold beers or a shot of hootch and we have big fun.i have a small v bottom to take for an all day trip and u can take home a good mess,o yea this is a byob trip lol,course you can have a taste or 10 of mine.need all the help i can get.