logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline scotty  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2013 2:01:31 AM(UTC)
scotty

Groups: Registered, Moderator

I'm watching an old movie (((SAND PEBBLES))) Its a WW2 movie. When there was a part where the AMERICAN FLAG WAS RAISED, I still got a tear in my eye for many reasons. ---- It also reminds me of how our present government has brought so much shame and dis honor to our once proud nation. They are still at it in spite of the temporary extension. (((( PLEASE NEVER FORGET THE DAMAGE THEY ARE DOING ))))
Offline dieselduo  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2013 2:20:01 AM(UTC)
dieselduo

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
+ 1 on that Scotty
Offline RCRed  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2013 2:26:38 AM(UTC)
RCRed

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
+2 - My Dad went ashore at Normandy, fought in Patton's 3rd all the way to Berlin.

He went back for Korea (Gawd)

He taught me my entire life that blood was paid for the freedoms I enjoy and to never forget countless Americans sacrificed for me to have
Offline admin  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2013 2:52:34 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Can we still make a difference? Vote Republican- they will buckle and do as the Democrats wish. Vote Democrat and they get to do as they wish. Is there such as thing as a democratic dictatorship, or did America just invent it?
RC- I saw a figure this morning that now 78% want to throw out all of Congress and start over. I just wonder who the hell comprise the remaining 22%!?
Offline dieselduo  
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2013 3:07:13 AM(UTC)
dieselduo

I trade for a living and have to listen to this geo-political rhetoric everday. It disgusts me.Right now I'm having to watch Barry Soetoro speak
Offline RCRed  
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2013 3:38:56 AM(UTC)
RCRed

Originally Posted by: Admin Go to Quoted Post
RC- I saw a figure this morning that now 78% want to throw out all of Congress and start over. I just wonder who the hell comprise the remaining 22%!?
Those on the Food stamp and Disability programs that have no business being there.... I do not deny those in true need, but we have all seen that isn't the majority using those programs today. In truck I am even more conservative, but I do understand hunger and need. I am reminded of what Horatio Bunce said to Davy Crockett - "It is not yours to give". Made sense then, as now. Because if it wasn't heeded, you end up with what we have now.

Originally Posted by: dieselduo Go to Quoted Post
I trade for a living and have to listen to this geo-political rhetoric everday. It disgusts me.Right now I'm having to watch Barry Soetoro speak
I change all the TV's in the house to TVLand when he comes on. I cannot stand him lying everytime his mouf opens.
Offline admin  
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2013 3:47:26 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I agree completely. There are two types of people on social programs- Can Nots and Will Nots. I am all for helping the Can Nots, and even seeing them get a little bit more so that they can have something nice once in a while. I am not a heartless bastard. Giving the Will Nots what I work hard for really gets under my skin, though.
Offline Hokey  
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2013 8:04:55 AM(UTC)
Hokey

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
It is hard for me to believe that politicians cannot see where this giving of free money to those who do not need benefits and are not (and never will) pay into the system is leading this country. There will be nobody left to collect taxes from. They have given the country away and my greatest fear is that it is already too late.
Offline scotty  
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2013 10:47:39 AM(UTC)
scotty

Politicians are short timers and with the guaranteed pension for life starting immediately after just 1 term--- what can we expect?????????????
Offline dieselduo  
#10 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2013 11:13:49 AM(UTC)
dieselduo

remember this quote from the movie
Cpt Collins:Holman I'll have you shot as a mutineer
Holman: Well shoot something !
Offline scotty  
#11 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2013 12:03:08 PM(UTC)
scotty

Originally Posted by: dieselduo Go to Quoted Post
remember this quote from the movie
Cpt Collins:Holman I'll have you shot as a mutineer
Holman: Well shoot something !

:) :) :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Offline RCRed  
#12 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2013 4:58:05 AM(UTC)
RCRed

Does "Operation Pacific" with the Duke count ? Got a chance to see that past Saturday night. I didn't remember the Duke and Patricia O'Neil (gawd, but she's hot) together in any other WWII movie. Thought that "In Harms Way" was the only one...

Was good to see an old submariners WWII movie..
Offline cczero  
#13 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2013 11:24:23 AM(UTC)
cczero

"
Originally Posted by: RCRed Go to Quoted Post
Those on the Food stamp and Disability programs that have no business being there.... I do not deny those in true need, but we have all seen that isn't the majority using those programs today. In truck I am even more conservative, but I do understand hunger and need. I am reminded of what Horatio Bunce said to Davy Crockett - ""It is not yours to give"". Made sense then, as now. Because if it wasn't heeded, you end up with what we have now.

I change all the TV's in the house to TVLand when he comes on. I cannot stand him lying everytime his mouf opens.

IMHO if you're on any kind of government subsistence you shouldn't be able to vote including ALL programs, disability, food stamps, WIC, or even state unemployment. Just me .02."