logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 15, 2013 2:11:37 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

"Well as most fo you know, I mailed a proposal to the Governor's office here in Virginia. Here's the response letter I got today:

UserPostedImage

Here's a copy of the actual letter. I blacked out some information for security purposes:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Here's some contact info about my delegate and the senator's office:

UserPostedImage

They didn't give me an address for my congressman. Just his name and which party he belongs to.
Now for a little bit of bad news. The senator that they recomended contacting in this letter gives new meaning to the term bone dry. He use to go to my church years ago and opposes alcohol in any way shape or form. Wether or not he's still that way is indeed unknown, but I feel that you guys should know this up front."
Offline Alli  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 1:41:44 AM(UTC)
Alli

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
"Knightmare,
It is for sure that they at least read your letter. We know there are some tea totalers out there. Stress the potential jobs and businesses to be created by legalization. Thanks for sharing Alli"
#3 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 5:32:57 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Originally Posted by: Alli Go to Quoted Post
Knightmare,
It is for sure that they at least read your letter. We know there are some tea totalers out there. Stress the potential jobs and businesses to be created by legalization. Thanks for sharing Alli

Not to worry Alli. It's better to try and fail than to never try at all and fail becuase of it. I was just letting people know that there's a good chance that this person won't do anything. That doesn't mean I won't send the proposal to them now.
Offline old stump juicer  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 19, 2014 5:26:57 PM(UTC)
old stump juicer

Groups: Registered

Our Governor Bentley is a Baptist Preacher and he signed the legislation to legalize brewing our own beer, so don't assume defeat before you try!
Many of our politicians are worried about their future and now might be the time to put new ideas in front of them!