logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 04, 2013 5:35:28 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

"Hi guys,
I just thought that I should let all of you know that tomorrow morning, I will be dropping the proposal in the mail to the governor's office here in Virginia. I'm pretty sure that more than a few people will look over the proposal and hopefully someone can contact me if they have any questions as to why home distilling should be legalized and how it can benefit the state(s) and federal government in general:

UserPostedImage

The reason I chose to mail it to the governor's office is because it's the highest elected state official that you can contact other than your state's senator(s) and congress rep(s). Another reason that I think this could have some success is because our current governor tried to get a few laws passed not long ago. One of them was being able to obtain distilled spirits in other stores besides the VABC stores. He was also wanting to loosen up some restrictions on licensing requirements and distilling laws. I've already sent a pm to Alli with all of the contact info needed to update the list."
Offline Hokey  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 05, 2013 2:50:35 AM(UTC)
Hokey

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Way to go Knightmare. The more that know the better.
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 05, 2013 4:08:28 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Hokey Go to Quoted Post
Way to go Knightmare. The more that know the better.

Thanks man. Yeah I thought this approach could be better in helping our cause.
Offline Alli  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 05, 2013 8:33:59 AM(UTC)
Alli

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Thanks Nightmare I'll add it to the list. Alli
#5 Posted : Friday, September 06, 2013 4:24:12 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Alli Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Nightmare I'll add it to the list. Alli

Kool deal. The post office told me that it will either be there tomorrow or monday. I used priority mail.
#6 Posted : Friday, September 06, 2013 6:25:44 PM(UTC)

Now I will be trying to get this proposal to my local congressman directly. His name is Morgan Griffith and I am pretty sure that he would be interested in reading the proposal. Right now the word that every politician has on their lips is jobs. If you manage to get a meeting with someone or get a phone call from them or their office directly, mention how legalizing home distilling can create jobs. The absolute best example is the home beer brewing and wine making industries. If they give some resistance towards our cause, then inform them that alot of tax money was collected off the home beer brewing and wine making industries. Even before the 16th amendment (the income tax law) was passed in 1913, the federal government collected taxes off home distilling.