logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline yurmo  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 04, 2013 5:29:59 AM(UTC)
yurmo

Groups: Registered

"Though you guys might be interested in this.

Section 311.055 of the Missouri Revised Statues (August 28, 2009) reads:

""No person at least twenty-one years of age shall be required to obtain a license to manufacture intoxicating liquor, as defined in section 311.020, for personal or family use. The aggregate amount of intoxicating liquor manufactured per household shall not exceed two hundred gallons per calendar year if there are two or more persons over the age of twenty-one years in such household, or one-hundred gallons per calendar year if there is only one person over the age of twenty-one years in such household. (see References 4)""

On June 12, 2013 the following was added :

""Any intoxicating liquor manufactured under this section may not be offered for sale.""

I know the Federal law probably over rules state law, but the state of Missouri has allowed home distilling and seems to have had little or no problems with it for 4 years.

Yurmo"
Offline John Barleycorn  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 04, 2013 7:17:29 AM(UTC)
John Barleycorn

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
"
Originally Posted by: yurmo Go to Quoted Post
I know the Federal law probably over rules state law, but the state of Missouri has allowed home distilling and seems to have had little or no problems with it for 4 years.
I salute Missouri and its fine citizens and lawmakers!

It's unlikely the Feds would bother a hobbyist in Missouri given the amount of weed being openly consumed only a few hundred miles to its west. And after the Federal DOJ immigration law debacle in Arizona a few years back, there is absolutely no motivation whatsoever for a state like Missouri (or any state for that matter) to enforce federal statutes/regulations ... the current administration has made it quite clear that only they (the Feds) may claim such jurisidiction. Confused

Federalism is underrated!"
Offline Alli  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 04, 2013 10:06:20 AM(UTC)
Alli

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
"The State of Missouri never outlawed distilling alcohol when probibition was passed like all the other states. I read that was the influence of Anheiser-Busch in St. Louis. I think, but would like to know more, that Missouri never had a law prohibiting distillation and for some reason they decided to enact a law in 2009 specifically allowing the practice that followed the feredal laws on home beer and wine waking. I still think that we need to contact their comgressmen concerning our push for federal approval. Yurmo, if you are in Missouri and would like to send our package to your Senators, it would be greatly appreciated. John, your point is well made.

Thanks all. Alli"
Offline dasorge  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2013 10:16:55 AM(UTC)
dasorge

Sounds like Missouri has done the same thing with distilling that Colorado has done with mariuanna (sp). Folks in Nebraska are getting busted when they cross state lines for possession after they go to Colorado to purchase their weed where in Colorado is legal. Wish Nebraska would lax the laws for distilling like Missouri has!
Offline Alli  
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 14, 2013 9:20:40 AM(UTC)
Alli

Dasorge,
Do you know if it is the feds or the State of Nebraska that is busting people coming from Colorado with pot they bought legally?
alli
Offline Alli  
#6 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2014 1:12:07 AM(UTC)
Alli

Biscuit,
Did you get my message?
Alli
Offline old stump juicer  
#7 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 3:04:39 PM(UTC)
old stump juicer

You know that it was announced on the local news a few years ago that Alabama had legalized hobby distilling, I took that as fact and ordered my little toy only to find that it was a mistake.
We even called the ABC board in Montgomery and a secretary said that yes it was legal, but her boss called back shortly afterward and said that no it was not legal in any quantity and anyone caught doing so would be prosecuted to the full extent of the law!
I hope we can get this thing turned around as it seems that voter fraud and welfare fraud are no longer illegal, and crossing our southern border illegally and collecting welfare is to be rewarded! I would thing that such a little trivial thing as hobby distilling would be a shoe-in with our present administration.
Offline Biscuit  
#8 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 3:27:49 PM(UTC)
Biscuit

If I had a Like Button, I would have hit it
Biscuit
Offline Alli  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 1:10:21 AM(UTC)
Alli

Old Stump Juicer,
What you may has seen was the Alabama state legislators finally approving the federal law approving home beer and wine making. The very law that was approved by the feds in 1979 took this long for Alabama and Mississippi to approve state wide. Someone on this forum posted part of a speech given by one of the Alabama senators apposing the law preaching about how alcohol would be running in the streets if the law was passed.

While I agree that a hobby distilling law would have a good chance of getting passed by the present administration, we have got to get it passed by the not so partisan
congress first and we have thus far not done a very good job of that. Alli