logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline DeepInTheWoods  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2013 10:16:03 AM(UTC)
DeepInTheWoods

Groups: Registered

Hi all ... I have a newbie question , but wondering if you are gonna do a sweet feed mash do you need to add a nutrient into the mash when you add the yeast, or is there enough nutrients in the mash from all the sweet feed for the yeast .... Thx
Offline dieselduo  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2013 11:00:16 AM(UTC)
dieselduo

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I've had good success with out any but I have a friend that always puts a 6 oz can of tomato paste in with it for nutrients
Offline RCRed  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2013 11:38:31 AM(UTC)
RCRed

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Originally Posted by: dieselduo Go to Quoted Post
I've had good success with out any but I have a friend that always puts a 6 oz can of tomato paste in with it for nutrients
Same here.. I don't add any additional nutrients... I use Prestige WD yeast which has AmG in it. Never any problems.
Offline heeler  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2013 10:27:31 AM(UTC)
heeler

Groups: Registered, Moderator

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 15 post(s)
"
Originally Posted by: DeepInTheWoods Go to Quoted Post
Hi all ... I have a newbie question , but wondering if you are gonna do a sweet feed mash do you need to add a nutrient into the mash when you add the yeast, or is there enough nutrients in the mash from all the sweet feed for the yeast .... Thx

Well the other posters stated that they dont add -extra- nutrients cause they use a yeast that has them already in the pack or they add tomato paste for some yeast yummies. Now if you are using bakers yeast that does not have the manufactures added goodie then it could never hurt to add nutrients for a happy healthy yeast.
I say that because you asked if there were enough nutrients in the sweet feed wash to NOT NEED the extra nutrients, I think it WILL ferment but why not make the yeast as happy and healthy as you can. If you dont want to add extra nutrients why not use a yeast that already has em in the pack???"
Offline faradey  
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 05, 2017 5:45:15 AM(UTC)
faradey

I suppose you have found an answer for your questions! thanks for all the advice you propose!