logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RCRed  
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2013 3:20:26 AM(UTC)
RCRed

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Greetings all

Back to business. It hurts me to see Scotty sick ... BigGrin

Is there a calculator for adding flavor concentrates to finished(diluted 80-100) neutrals? I have brewers best, 4oz, 118.75 ml. - suitable for flavoring 4 gallons of beer. My goal is to calculate the baseline amount in ml. of flavoring for a pint.. Doing the math manually, I came up with;

Rough math: 1oz (29.57 ml) to the gallon, so .25oz to a quart, and 12.50oz to the pint.

That worked out to;

• 7.3 ml flavoring to the quart
  • 3.6 ml flavoring to the pint

Or, is it a senario I have to just blend an pallete it until it's good ?

What Say yee?
Offline heeler  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2013 8:20:12 AM(UTC)
heeler

Groups: Registered, Moderator

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 15 post(s)
"I read your 1oz to a gallon.....

Maddawgs recipe is 1oz to 750 mls of 100 proof neutral and to me thats got enough kick to do the job nicely. I'm not saying your wrong just passing on something that I already know........

I think it would be great if you made all those concoctions with the measurments you mentioned and maybe create a --Mathmatical Flavor Chart."
Offline Maddawgs  
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2013 11:01:45 PM(UTC)
Maddawgs

Hi Red,
I have found that it takes a bit of time for the flavors to develop once added. The Brewhaus gert strand essences are easy just add one bottle to a 750ml bottle and give it a good shake, wait 24 hours and shake again, repeat the next day and then once a week after that. The more time you give it the better it tastes. I make mine dangerous good, the coffee looks, smells, and tastes just like coffee without a hint of the 100 proof in it, So far my rootbeer, blueberry, and cherry are just as good. Hope this helps you out.
Maddawgs
Offline hooksetz  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 23, 2014 11:51:40 AM(UTC)
hooksetz

I have the same question, I prefer to use either the liquor quik, or the ones brewhaus sales, recipes right there on the bottle, however with the brewers best I have found that I gotta use about a half cup of sugar in every bottle, I didn't see that in the original question, should I use the sugar, or just drop the proof to a drinkable rate? I usually mix these at 100 proof, and the essences at 130 proof
Offline hooksetz  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 23, 2014 11:56:53 AM(UTC)
hooksetz

oh, and 10 tsps, of the clear brewer best, and I just don't using any of their colored flavors, different texture to the hooch..