logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline esther87  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 19, 2013 6:57:36 AM(UTC)
esther87

Groups: Registered

Looking for a recipe, have some 170 proof clear and would like to add maple syrup. Any ideas with amounts, would like to be in the 50 to 70 proof range. Has anyone tried this and how did it taste.
Offline Tracyman0111  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2014 2:44:43 AM(UTC)
Tracyman0111

Groups: Registered

Cmon guys, I find it hard to believe that 195 people have viewed this post and noone has any suggestions?? Esther, probably gonna be something that you just have to experiment with; take some small amounts into clean glasses, maybe, and play around a little. If my memory serves me right, I tried to play with some maple syrup once and had much color change but not much flavor carryover. One thing that's worked very well for me are the little 1 or 2 oz glass eyedropper bottles of hard candy flavoring oil. You can buy them online from companies like Lorann, or try to find a local bake shop, cake shop, candy-making shop, etc. They have an ungodly huge selection of different flavors, and Maple is one of them. This stuff is EXTREMELY concentrated, which is good thing, so you can add some flavor without really dropping the proof.