logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline auggy  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2013 3:53:36 AM(UTC)
auggy

Groups: Registered

"What is a good sweet feed to buy, looking for a brand name, and what is it that I want to make sure the sweet feed has in it for ingredients?

THanx"
finger lakes highlander  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2013 12:51:36 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Hi auggy,
I use Producer's Pride 10% All Grain from Tractor Supply. It is all-grain (don't get the kind called "Sweet Feed" - it has pellets) comprised of "corn, oats and barley with a touch of molasses". I think it costs me around $15.00 for 50 lbs. It does not have any "additives" - just grain and molasses. Good luck!
Highlander
#3 Posted : Monday, March 03, 2014 6:06:27 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: finger lakes highlander Go to Quoted Post
Hi auggy,
I use Producer's Pride 10% All Grain from Tractor Supply. It is all-grain (don't get the kind called "Sweet Feed" - it has pellets) comprised of "corn, oats and barley with a touch of molasses". I think it costs me around $15.00 for 50 lbs. It does not have any "additives" - just grain and molasses. Good luck!
Highlander

This helps me out quite a bit because Tractor Supply has several brands of sweet feed and some are not clearly marked. Thanks to the both of you on this one.
Offline flht01  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 05, 2014 5:59:41 AM(UTC)
flht01

Originally Posted by: finger lakes highlander Go to Quoted Post
Hi auggy,
Highlander

search the Tractor supply site for:
Producer's Pride® All Grain Feed, 50 lb.
SKU 5021132
To see if your local store carries it.
Offline dieselduo  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 05, 2014 7:55:27 AM(UTC)
dieselduo

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
that does make a nice whiskey. my tractor supply sells it for 14.45 for 50 lbs. I treat it like a UJSSM using the backset in the next gen
Offline RCRed  
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 06, 2014 1:01:45 AM(UTC)
RCRed

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Keep in mind a number of TSC stores do not stock that product. None in Texas do...

That was why I ended up going to a local seed and Feed store... But it does make awesome flavored spirits!
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 06, 2014 2:22:10 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: RCRed Go to Quoted Post
Keep in mind a number of TSC stores do not stock that product. None in Texas do...

That was why I ended up going to a local seed and Feed store... But it does make awesome flavored spirits!

That's my next stop here locally. What kind of flavor does the sweet feed produce?
Offline cabobill  
#8 Posted : Friday, March 14, 2014 6:14:27 AM(UTC)
cabobill

"
Originally Posted by: RCRed Go to Quoted Post

hey rc,
i see you like sf for ujssm and ur on like ur 5 th gen.did u get sf from a local feed and seed or did they custom make it?i dont want it with vitamins or alfalfa pellets,can u point me in the right direction?im on my 3rd gen of ujssm and want to go to sf for awhile.seems like a lot of people like it"