logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Hokey  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 3:29:39 AM(UTC)
Hokey

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
so I finally placed an order for a bigger still from Brewhaus. PSII HC. I ordered a 15 gal kettle which is going to delay delivery but I think it is "Go Big or Go Home" lol, I am having them add 2 couplings for internal heat. If I want to use external heat to begin can I just put the appropriate plugs in and use propane or hot plate (which I already have)? The wait begins.
Offline captinjack  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 6:11:58 AM(UTC)
captinjack

Hi Hokey,
Congratulations on your order! I ordered mine last week and also ordered the PSII HC with the 15gal kettle which is getting two 2'' Long Weld Tri-Clamp Ferrule's for heat element and a drain. I also ordered 2 bronze fermenter kits and the stainless filter system. And your are correct " the wait begins" ...
Captinjack
Offline Hokey  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 6:36:37 AM(UTC)
Hokey

Man
United States

congrats to you too. I have peen playing with my table top air still long enough. It's time to put on my big boy pants, grow a set and jump into the big boys game. I'm sipping some pretty nice oak aged corn right now though. Have fun and be safe.
Offline Maddawgs  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 6:41:57 AM(UTC)
Maddawgs

Originally Posted by: Hokey Go to Quoted Post
so I finally placed an order for a bigger still from Brewhaus. PSII HC. I ordered a 15 gal kettle which is going to delay delivery but I think it is "Go Big or Go Home" lol, I am having them add 2 couplings for internal heat. If I want to use external heat to begin can I just put the appropriate plugs in and use propane or hot plate (which I already have)? The wait begins.

Hey Hokey,
Congrats, soon the Northeast will be awash in home made alcohol. Yes you can just plug the npt's with blanks and use another heat source if you want. Too bad about the backlog but I can tell you from personal experience that it is worth the wait. Rick and his crew do an awesome job and I'm sure you will be happy with it.
Maddawgs
Offline Hokey  
#5 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 11:25:51 AM(UTC)
Hokey

Man
United States

Thanks MD. Not sure if we will ever catch up with them Southerners but it's a start.