logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline westsidesparky  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2013 8:03:07 AM(UTC)
westsidesparky

Groups: Registered

Just joined today, I live up in British Columbia. The area I am from grows an abundance of fruit so I want to get things dialed in for the up coming growing season! Have not purchased a rig yet, but I am leaning towards the "milk bottle" style that Brewhaus sells. Not sure what to do on the column yet, the longer version would appear to be the way to go? Would appreciate any helpful suggestions starting out.
Offline Bushy  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2013 6:58:37 PM(UTC)
Bushy

Hi westside, if your going to be doing fruit brandy then you will use a pot still. I would recomend the PSII HC. It has a 3" column which makes the run shorter in duration than the 2" column. Both of them can be run as a pot still or a reflux still and most likely once you get started you will want to do both kinds of distillations.
The boiler size is determined by what you want out of a run. The larger 15 gallon boiler can be used to run up to 12 to 13 gallon washes or smaller 5 gallon washes, or anything in between.
The smaller 8 gallon boiler can safely run a 6 gallon wash or less.
Your wash should only fill your boiler 3/4 full at most. That way if your running an all grain wash you reduce the likely hood of running into pukeing problems.

The BH equipment is of very good quality and design and well worth the price and wait for the equipment.
Offline westsidesparky  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2013 6:50:56 AM(UTC)
westsidesparky

"Thanks very much for the reply Bushy; any and all advice is greatly appreciated!

Originally Posted by: Bushy Go to Quoted Post
Hi westside, if your going to be doing fruit brandy then you will use a pot still. I would recomend the PSII HC. It has a 3"" column which makes the run shorter in duration than the 2"" column. Both of them can be run as a pot still or a reflux still and most likely once you get started you will want to do both kinds of distillations.
The boiler size is determined by what you want out of a run. The larger 15 gallon boiler can be used to run up to 12 to 13 gallon washes or smaller 5 gallon washes, or anything in between.
The smaller 8 gallon boiler can safely run a 6 gallon wash or less.
Your wash should only fill your boiler 3/4 full at most. That way if your running an all grain wash you reduce the likely hood of running into pukeing problems.

The BH equipment is of very good quality and design and well worth the price and wait for the equipment.
"