logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline scotty  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 1:59:25 AM(UTC)
scotty

Groups: Registered, Moderator

"Highly recomended for anyone to EITHER learn from scratch OR to an excellent review for those with some understanding.
It is a hard cover with over 1000 pages. It starts from electrons and covers completely the Very basic facts.
It's loaded with very VERY VERY clear illustrations on each topic. Lots of small sections which i take one at a time.
THE BEST THING IS THAT USED IT IS DIRT CHEAP. 11 or $12 including shipping from ABE USED BOOKS.

I had read my brewing books so many tImes that the sight of them made me ill. I desperately needed something to learn from.

The price is what cought my attention. I have had it for about 2 weeks now. I only do a small section at a sitting.
I am determined to read every inch of it even if i know the material already. I'm on page 70--going slowly. There are more illustrations than text.
I have gained more knowledge of even the simplest of concepts that i thought i knew.

THIS IS A REALL WINNER AND A GREAT BARGAIN."
Offline Maddawgs  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 12:23:12 AM(UTC)
Maddawgs

Groups: Registered

Hi Scotty,
Due to my extreme lack of knowledge on all things electrical I was able to gey a copy of the 5th edition of this. I've only skimmed thru it but it looks to be a very good book for a novice like me.
Thanks, Maddawgs
Offline scotty  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 1:47:28 AM(UTC)
scotty

Groups: Registered, Moderator

"dont skim through it-- study it slowly inch by inch. i read it just a little bit sometimes i read mine than once a day. just a unit or 2. this author is a great teacher-- i learn so much every time i pick it up.

Good luck"
Offline Maddawgs  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 12:45:19 AM(UTC)
Maddawgs

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: scotty Go to Quoted Post
dont skim through it-- study it slowly inch by inch. i read it just a little bit sometimes i read mine than once a day. just a unit or 2. this author is a great teacher-- i learn so much every time i pick it up.

Good luck

Hi Scotty,
Yup, thats the plan. So far I have found that this is a very good book that is layed out perferctly. I was also able to get both a study guide and instructors guide off the web. I think I found another hobby to pursue. This will be something to read while the PS2HC is running.
Thanks, Maddawgs