logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline mr. x  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2013 2:27:03 PM(UTC)
mr. x

Groups: Registered

i know there is some that say its bad and some say its okay to run propane in a basement i have a big ass basement and was thinking of running in it with a turkey fryer stove as i dont have the woodshed i used to use anymore do you all think 1 or 2 times in my basement would be ok ill keep air circulating from the backdoor upstairs but i just dont want to do it by the backdoor as its all rotten wood floor in the only spot id rather open the door and run a fan i figure with good circulation carbon monoxide wont be an issue with ituntill i get a shed so i can run outside since i live in the big city now my only other concern would be vapor fire if not completely cooled correct? and i will stay with extremelycold water as my house is shittily insulated and pipes would freeze if i wasnt always using them
Offline cczero  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2013 7:27:04 AM(UTC)
cczero

"
Originally Posted by: mr. x Go to Quoted Post
i know there is some that say its bad and some say its okay to run propane in a basement i have a big ass basement and was thinking of running in it with a turkey fryer stove as i dont have the woodshed i used to use anymore do you all think 1 or 2 times in my basement would be ok ill keep air circulating from the backdoor upstairs but i just dont want to do it by the backdoor as its all rotten wood floor in the only spot id rather open the door and run a fan i figure with good circulation carbon monoxide wont be an issue with ituntill i get a shed so i can run outside since i live in the big city now my only other concern would be vapor fire if not completely cooled correct? and i will stay with extremelycold water as my house is shittily insulated and pipes would freeze if i wasnt always using them

I had similar thoughts when I began. After doing it twice in my attached garage, I moved it outdoors to a outbuilding. If while running, the power was to go out and you're not there to attend to it, there is a possibility the fumes from the Etoh could ignite. I just feel it's safer to do it outside. Sounds like your basement is big and airy and you may not have a problem."
Offline dieselduo  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2013 8:45:27 AM(UTC)
dieselduo

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Any way you can change over to electric ? Would be a lot safer
Offline captinjack  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2013 5:33:57 PM(UTC)
captinjack

X2 you got ant power down there?
Offline mr. x  
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2013 7:32:13 PM(UTC)
mr. x

i cant go electric right yet but its only till i can get a shed so maybe 2-3 runs at most in the next month or 2 and i do have a backup generator i gust serviced it 2 months ago for winter with fan i figure its enough im tending to it at all times other than the walk to take a leak or out to smoke a cigarrette
Offline ratflinger  
#6 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 5:10:44 PM(UTC)
ratflinger

Do you have a clue as to how many people burn their houses down just frying turkeys in the garage? Please do not do this or your tombstone may read "do you all think 1 or 2 times in my basement would be ok" The headline would be 'Moonshiner blows up house and dies'.

I don't want to be a jerk, but you might be better off with an Amazing Still.
Offline mr. x  
#7 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 8:13:13 AM(UTC)
mr. x

"
Originally Posted by: ratflinger Go to Quoted Post
Do you have a clue as to how many people burn their houses down just frying turkeys in the garage? Please do not do this or your tombstone may read ""do you all think 1 or 2 times in my basement would be ok"" The headline would be 'Moonshiner blows up house and dies'.

I don't want to be a jerk, but you might be better off with an Amazing Still.

hell i did it and it was fine"