logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Maddawgs  
#41 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2013 7:56:41 AM(UTC)
Maddawgs

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Hokey Go to Quoted Post
Hi MD. Yup, the war dept. and I and friends are going on a cruise in a week or so to get out of this frickin' cold weather. After that I should still have enough $$ left to place the order. At least I hope. Our last cruise bar bill for a week was $1200.00. Just on the boat. LOL

That's why I don't go on cruises--the bar bill would kill me. You should try an all inclusive resort. Everything is included, even all the alcohol you can drink. Last one we went to I had really good champange with every meal.
Maddawgs
Offline captinjack  
#42 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2013 5:53:23 PM(UTC)
captinjack

Maddawgs, How are those bucket's doing? keep us updated this is good info for us beginners... I know what you mean about those all inclusive resorts,you can't beat em for the $...
Captinjack
Offline Maddawgs  
#43 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2013 11:49:18 PM(UTC)
Maddawgs

Originally Posted by: captinjack Go to Quoted Post
Maddawgs, How are those bucket's doing? keep us updated this is good info for us beginners... I know what you mean about those all inclusive resorts,you can't beat em for the $...
Captinjack

Hi Cap,
Still bubbling along when I was in the shop last night although very slowly. I was hoping they would be done and clear so I could run them this weekend. I'll wait until they are ready. I think my initial problems were rehydrating the turbo and then doing it at to high a temp. This killed of the majority of the yeast and it took a while for the yeast to reproduce enough to work. It is day 10 for the 2 buckets and I think they are just about done. I'll do another update just before I run them.
Maddawgs
Offline Maddawgs  
#44 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 10:21:40 AM(UTC)
Maddawgs

Hi all,
Just wanted to give an update. When I checked yesterday the ferment had finally finished. Took an sg reading and both buckets were at .990. I'll give it some time to clear and then run it in the PS2HC. Not sure if this is normal or not as this is my first ferment but it looks like what is left of the tomatoe paste is floating on the top. Do I just skim this off or will it settle to the bottom?
Thanks, Maddawgs
Offline dieselduo  
#45 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 10:24:38 AM(UTC)
dieselduo

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I skim it, then siphon down until I get to the yeast bed