logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Hubbylicious  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 8:19:11 AM(UTC)
Hubbylicious

Groups: Registered

"Interested in Easy Still Recipes????

Peach Moonshine?
Coffee flavor?
Vanilla Rum?

Newbie needs help????"
Offline Crabby Krausen  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 9:14:27 AM(UTC)
Crabby Krausen

you use any mashed wurt the still just distills what you mash and ferment.
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 26, 2014 8:39:40 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Originally Posted by: Hubbylicious Go to Quoted Post
Interested in Easy Still Recipes????

Peach Moonshine?
Coffee flavor?
Vanilla Rum?

Newbie needs help????

You can use any mash or wash that you want. The only difference is that you'll be distilling one gallon at a time. What you do is collect 1 shot glass worth and toss it out. Then you collect exactly 1 quart and you can either switch containers and keep going or you can turn the Easystill off and discard the rest. I'd personally keep going and use the tails in either my next run or in my next batch to create a "sour version" of what I had.
Offline heeler  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2014 2:12:54 AM(UTC)
heeler

Groups: Registered, Moderator

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 15 post(s)
"
Originally Posted by: Hubbylicious Go to Quoted Post
Interested in Easy Still Recipes????

Peach Moonshine?
Coffee flavor?
Vanilla Rum?

Newbie needs help????

Making those likkers is not debendent on a certain still, an Easystill or a Hillbilly flute will make em too. What you need to do is make a neutral likker (with your easy still) and then use essencences.

Peach - you can make peach mash and distill it for that if you want or make a neutral and add peach juice....
Coffee - make a neutral likker and add McCormick coffee extract...
vanilla Rum - again you can get an extract for this too...but a neutral is gonna be best for these

I have made these and man they work, I didn't invent these but have made them and they are gooooooooood!!!!Cool
UserPostedImage"
Offline epicdoom  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2014 8:13:30 AM(UTC)
epicdoom

+1 for the neutral and flavor after but it all depends on your personal taste do you want it to hint of said flavor or be very tasty like drinking juice. I
Have added high neutral and juice to the boiler run in pot mode for some tasty drink you want to ke
Offline heeler  
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2014 9:23:40 AM(UTC)
heeler

Groups: Registered, Moderator

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 15 post(s)
"
Originally Posted by: epicdoom Go to Quoted Post
+1 for the neutral and flavor after but it all depends on your personal taste do you want it to hint of said flavor or be very tasty like drinking juice. I
Have added high neutral and juice to the boiler run in pot mode for some tasty drink you want to keep the temps up around 180- 190 so you pull the flavored juice outa the wash with the likker if you do your homework on it you can end up in the 80-100 proof range as well. I find that way much tastier the just adding juice to neutral spirits seems to meld everything together nicely.

So are you saying, add already made hooch to juice and then distill it again? Kinda like a rerun just to remove the likker and leave behind the juice, hmmmm never done it that way but it sounds plausable.

Can you add a juice like that to an Easystill without misshaps or foaming? I dont think you can adjust the temp on one of those units (to 180-190) either can you?

Yeah I've done that fruit juice wash too and it is a little better but the advice I was giving was really in conjunction with the Easystill. Hubby I'm not saying I'm right and someone else is wrong I just wanted to make sure I was saying my thoughts correctly. Sorry for the confusion."
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2014 4:17:44 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Originally Posted by: heeler Go to Quoted Post
Making those likkers is not debendent on a certain still, an Easystill or a Hillbilly flute will make em too. What you need to do is make a neutral likker (with your easy still) and then use essencences.

Peach - you can make peach mash and distill it for that if you want or make a neutral and add peach juice....
Coffee - make a neutral likker and add McCormick coffee extract...
vanilla Rum - again you can get an extract for this too...but a neutral is gonna be best for these

I have made these and man they work, I didn't invent these but have made them and they are gooooooooood!!!!Cool
UserPostedImage

I bet that coconut is awesome. My little brother use to love root beer when we were kids, I bet he'd love the "hard version" as well. You can also use those flavoring oils that's found in the wedding cake decoration isle at walmart. One of those little jars is good for 6.5 gallons. I guess you'd have to add a de-foaming agent along with some raschig rings during the distilling process to keep it from foaming up and having surge boils.