logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Maddawgs  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2012 5:23:35 AM(UTC)
Maddawgs

Groups: Registered

Hi All,
Should finally be able to put in my Brewhaus order in a few weeks. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for their help. After much reasearch I'll be going with the Bh PS2 HC with the 15 gal kettle. Still have to decide on what mods I'll want. Prariepiss and Bayou-Ruler have some good ideas over on HD to get these cm's up around 95 abv and I'm hoping to incorporate some of those mods in my order. I'll be heating with electric so I know that with the 15 gal kettle I'll need at least 2 npt's for the heating elements. I'll be using 2 1500 to 2000 watt 110 volt elements with one controlled by an rsc. I'll use both for quick heat up and then switch to the rsc controlled element to control temp thru the run. Thanks again every one for the help and I'll keep you updated.
Maddawgs
Offline Bushy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2012 5:45:08 AM(UTC)
Bushy

Congrats on your decision. What mods are you considering besides the npt's for electrics?

Have Fun.
Offline scotty  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2012 5:48:21 AM(UTC)
scotty

Groups: Registered, Moderator

sounds perfect MD :)
Offline Maddawgs  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2012 5:50:18 AM(UTC)
Maddawgs

Hi Bushy,
Thanks for the reply. An added column extension, tri clamp and cap on the top for the thermometer, and doubling the length of the condenser from 12 to 24 inches are some of the mods suggested by prariepiss and bayou-ruler on the HD forum.
Maddawgs
Offline Hokey  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2012 10:46:19 AM(UTC)
Hokey

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hey Maddawgs, I plan on ordering a PSII HC in Feb. Like I thought you were. Looks like you are going to beat me. You Dawg. Good luck and i can't wait to hear abut your first run.
Offline Maddawgs  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2012 10:49:57 AM(UTC)
Maddawgs

Hey Hokey,
Might have the cash earlier so better sooner than later. I hoping for the end of the month.
Thanks, Maddawgs
Offline Falstaff  
#7 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2012 5:51:53 AM(UTC)
Falstaff

Originally Posted by: Maddawgs Go to Quoted Post
Hi All,
Should finally be able to put in my Brewhaus order in a few weeks. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for their help. After much reasearch I'll be going with the Bh PS2 HC with the 15 gal kettle. Still have to decide on what mods I'll want. Prariepiss and Bayou-Ruler have some good ideas over on HD to get these cm's up around 95 abv and I'm hoping to incorporate some of those mods in my order. I'll be heating with electric so I know that with the 15 gal kettle I'll need at least 2 npt's for the heating elements. I'll be using 2 1500 to 2000 watt 110 volt elements with one controlled by an rsc. I'll use both for quick heat up and then switch to the rsc controlled element to control temp thru the run. Thanks again every one for the help and I'll keep you updated.
Maddawgs

EXCELLENT decision my man! I am jealous because I bought the PS II (not HC) and already wish I had ordered the HC unit instead. The extra capacity and the 3" column are ideal even for a small home brewer like myself. Oh well, live and learn. Besides, maybe things will turn out "OK" and I'll get one anyway and have the two running 24/7 LOL!!!
Best to you and I hope the time before you get it, goes real fast for you. I know how I get. Once I have made a decision, I want it to happen like yesterday!
Offline Maddawgs  
#8 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2012 6:33:02 AM(UTC)
Maddawgs

Originally Posted by: Falstaff Go to Quoted Post
EXCELLENT decision my man! I am jealous because I bought the PS II (not HC) and already wish I had ordered the HC unit instead. The extra capacity and the 3" column are ideal even for a small home brewer like myself. Oh well, live and learn. Besides, maybe things will turn out "OK" and I'll get one anyway and have the two running 24/7 LOL!!!
Best to you and I hope the time before you get it, goes real fast for you. I know how I get. Once I have made a decision, I want it to happen like yesterday!

Hi falstaff,
Thanks, I tend to drive myself nuts with research before I buy anything but then when I do finally buy it is usually pretty dam good.
Maddawgs
Offline Maddawgs  
#9 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2012 6:35:52 AM(UTC)
Maddawgs

Originally Posted by: Bushy Go to Quoted Post
Congrats on your decision. What mods are you considering besides the npt's for electrics?

Have Fun.

Hey Bushy,
Forgot to mention in my last response--Glad to have you back on the forum and posting again.
Maddawgs
Offline Bushy  
#10 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2012 6:40:27 AM(UTC)
Bushy

Thanks Maddawgs.
Offline fatboylo  
#11 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2012 1:32:10 PM(UTC)
fatboylo

"
Hi All,
Maddawgs

MD, I been wanting to purchase a kettle thru BH. Those Npt""s for your elements your putting in, does BH do that mod for you? My prob is I live up in the Mtns and am prob 40 miles away from anyone who could weld and then don't know if all welders weld ss."
Offline Maddawgs  
#12 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2012 1:57:43 AM(UTC)
Maddawgs

Originally Posted by: fatboylo Go to Quoted Post
MD, I been wanting to purchase a kettle thru BH. Those Npt"s for your elements your putting in, does BH do that mod for you? My prob is I live up in the Mtns and am prob 40 miles away from anyone who could weld and then don't know if all welders weld ss.

Hi fatboylo,
Still waiting to hear back. I'm sure with the growing membership on this and the other distiller forums, plus with "moonshiners" show back on that they are pretty busy at the Brewhaus shop. As soon as I hear I'll let you know.
Maddawgs
Offline fatboylo  
#13 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2012 11:23:32 AM(UTC)
fatboylo

"
Hi fatboylo,
Still waiting to hear back. I'm sure with the growing membership on this and the other distiller forums, plus with ""moonshiners"" show back on that they are pretty busy at the Brewhaus shop. As soon as I hear I'll let you know.
Maddawgs

Cool thanks that may help me trip my trigger a bit sooner!"
Offline Maddawgs  
#14 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 9:46:15 AM(UTC)
Maddawgs

Originally Posted by: fatboylo Go to Quoted Post
Cool thanks that may help me trip my trigger a bit sooner!

HI fatboylo,
Heard back and it is a yes. I would suggest using the contact link on the Brewhaus website with any questions. And go ahead pull that trigger.
Maddawgs
Offline Maddawgs  
#15 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 9:31:56 AM(UTC)
Maddawgs

Order is in, now I just have to wait for it to get here. I'll post pics when it all shows up.
Maddawgs
Offline BrewedOut  
#16 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2012 1:23:40 PM(UTC)
BrewedOut

Any updates?
Offline Maddawgs  
#17 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2012 1:23:42 AM(UTC)
Maddawgs

Originally Posted by: BrewedOut Go to Quoted Post
Any updates?

Yup, got it the oher day. posted some images in anoher post "IT'S HERE"
Maddawgs
Offline BrewedOut  
#18 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 2:17:53 PM(UTC)
BrewedOut

Yup, got it the oher day. posted some images in anoher post "IT'S HERE"
Maddawgs

Cool Ill search for it, Thanks!