logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline johnnyapplepie  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 3:23:24 PM(UTC)
johnnyapplepie

Groups: Registered

I'm Johnny, I've been on this forum since July 2012. I have a PSII with an 8 and 15.5 gallon keg. I use propane to heat it. I've ran many different washes and have made several runs. I'm from the Great Smoky Mountains of East Tennessee.
Offline ShelbyStill  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 2:28:04 AM(UTC)
ShelbyStill

"
Originally Posted by: johnnyapplepie Go to Quoted Post
I'm Johnny, I've been on this forum since July 2012. I have a PSII with an 8 and 15.5 gallon keg. I use propane to heat it. I've ran many different washes and have made several runs. I'm from the Great Smoky Mountains of East Tennessee.

Hello Johnny. I am new to this forum and new to distillation as well as living in Tennessee but on the step child side of the state. We do own a home in Knoxville though."
Offline ShelbyStill  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 2:35:19 AM(UTC)
ShelbyStill

Good morning, My name is ShelbyStill. My friend and I are new to distillation but we have made our first run in the reflux rig we hand built. Most recently we built a ferment-er with a temp controller and and old freezer that will hold two 6 1/2 gallon carboys. I will post a couple of pics of our equipment very soon. We were pleased with our first run because we learned a great deal as well as proving our still not only worked but worked quite well. Our goal is to be able to perfect and still a simple sugar wash before really proceeding to any other types of wash. I have enjoyed reading the posts and topics here and have learned a great deaL Thank you all for allowing me to participate and learn from you. Regards, Shelby
Offline johnnyapplepie  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 2:43:48 AM(UTC)
johnnyapplepie

Yeah west of Nashville is the step child of the state. In Knoxville huh, is that with your weekly load. lol. Knoxville and Thunder Road (Kingston Pike). Welcome to the forum lots of good info on here. Best of luck to ya and your distillin.
Offline ShelbyStill  
#5 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 2:57:41 AM(UTC)
ShelbyStill

"
Originally Posted by: johnnyapplepie Go to Quoted Post
Yeah west of Nashville is the step child of the state. In Knoxville huh, is that with your weekly load. lol. Knoxville and Thunder Road (Kingston Pike). Welcome to the forum lots of good info on here. Best of luck to ya and your distillin.

Thanks, no we are actually just off the Clinton Hwy or as I like to call it, ""Two ditches and a sort of flat spot"". We are there a couple of times a month. We will retire there soon I hope..."
#6 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 4:08:09 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Hey Shelby..hearty welcome Sir. Glad you found your way over here.
Offline ShelbyStill  
#7 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 5:38:26 AM(UTC)
ShelbyStill

"
Originally Posted by: bigwheel Go to Quoted Post
Hey Shelby..hearty welcome Sir. Glad you found your way over here.

Thank you!!!"
Offline johnnyapplepie  
#8 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 11:45:06 AM(UTC)
johnnyapplepie

Yup I know Clinton Hwy very well, although i dont travel that way very often. Welcome to this forum. I love this area this time of year too. Let us know if you have any questions about this hobby. The BH equipment is grade A, a very wonderful work of art. I love mine.