logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline cornsqeezins  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2012 5:47:00 AM(UTC)
cornsqeezins

Groups: Registered

Just found this little tubing trick, make perfect coils. I'm sure some of you already know this, but for us new guys this is a great find. Just click on the link below, you will be an expert in no time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l-lMKlVFpA

[ATTACH=CONFIG]579[/ATTACH]
cornsqeezins attached the following image(s):
MY STILL.jpg (71kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2012 2:28:44 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Hey Brother..thanks for them mechanical minded hints. Unfortunately I do best in other areas but will keep this movie on record for the plumber who is supposed to be building me a copper 2 incher when he get a round toit. He claims to be able to wrap copper tubing around a broom stick. Now do this sound plausible to you? He dont seem to have made much progress since last winter. Do I need to make him watch this movie? Let me know. Things are getting tense.

Originally Posted by: cornsqeezins Go to Quoted Post
Just found this little tubing trick, make perfect coils. I'm sure some of you already know this, but for us new guys this is a great find. Just click on the link below, you will be an expert in no time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l-lMKlVFpA

[ATTACH=CONFIG]579[/ATTACH]
Offline cornsqeezins  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2012 5:19:38 PM(UTC)
cornsqeezins

Originally Posted by: bigwheel Go to Quoted Post
Hey Brother..thanks for them mechanical minded hints. Unfortunately I do best in other areas but will keep this movie on record for the plumber who is supposed to be building me a copper 2 incher when he get a round toit. He claims to be able to wrap copper tubing around a broom stick. Now do this sound plausible to you? He dont seem to have made much progress since last winter. Do I need to make him watch this movie? Let me know. Things are getting tense.

Make him watch the video, then hand him the broom stick.
Offline dasorge  
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2012 12:48:49 AM(UTC)
dasorge

another trick which I remembered after ruining a 15 foot section was to put sand inside the pipe. The sand allows you to bend the coil without kinking it. To get the sand in, unwind a portion of tubing, tape off an end so the sand doesn't come out. I put my sand in a ziplock sandwhich bag then cut off one corner which acts as a funnel to get the sand into the tubing. When the tubing was filled with sand, I taped of the fill end and then bega to wrap around a pipe. After completing the coil, I took the tape off both ends. To get the sand out, I shoock the coil and used a air compressor to force the sand out. I worked for me.