logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline texaswhitewolf  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 4:38:11 AM(UTC)
texaswhitewolf

Groups: Registered

hey guys been looking around for a few good scotch recipes. Got the idea to try to make a good texotch (texas scotch) lol. Going to do a all gain mash of 15 lbs golden promise malted barley and 4 lbs highland peated malt . For that nice smokey taste. 10 gals water and whikey yeast . i'll be pot still this not reflux if anyone got something to add go ahead always good to learn new tricks.
Offline texaswhitewolf  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 6:00:55 AM(UTC)
texaswhitewolf

i dont know nwhat it is something in the taste just hits right . you know big i was looking at austin homebrew they had pecan smoked malt my not be a bad try.
Offline texaswhitewolf  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 8:13:51 AM(UTC)
texaswhitewolf

Dont sound bad with the corn. You call it cheap i call finding good use of nature things lol. Think of going to try two differnt batch one with just the peated malted and the other with a differnt smokey grain not sure which one Mesquite Smoked 2-Row and the pecan smoked 2row malt . going to use golden promise malt as my main base grain they said it was one of the main grains they use for scotch whisky.
Offline texaswhitewolf  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 9:10:12 AM(UTC)
texaswhitewolf

lol now doctor or lawyers around me had a famliy full of them at one time . give me a fire outside a few chairs and the stars . Cant drink jake no more or jim im most likey still pissing them both i drink some much of it grown up. i'll take a crown and coke do. hell you want to see lively give my brother inlaw asbinthe after two glass im talking about 132proof just 2 ounces in a glass with 6 oz water he do the dumbest crap its funny than to nuns riden a bike with no sits. but what u think would be the best sec smoked grain be to try
Offline texaswhitewolf  
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2012 11:40:20 AM(UTC)
texaswhitewolf

hell that how i drink every growing up dad drunk it by shot with beer. i stand away form the rich family i got a temp i cant stand to be around sobs and drinking ill end up in jail. but after a few ulcers mixing easlyest depending on what it is for me now ive found over the years my taste have chagne i enjoy a good scotch or whikey on the rocks still just not a much . tequila my kin? no mexican here lol angery irish scotch man lol . yeager thats easy staright just get it cold as sin i like that herbal taste myself. scotch i drink it with coke or ice mainly. here ther and everywhere just been busy trying new drinks and true to get some sack back up
Offline texaswhitewolf  
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 5:17:43 AM(UTC)
texaswhitewolf

thats news to me lol. i know scotch helps with the family lol
Offline texaswhitewolf  
#7 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 12:34:24 PM(UTC)
texaswhitewolf

ive had carilon irish cream it cheap but really good better tasteing than bailey's.
Offline fatboylo  
#8 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2012 3:32:16 AM(UTC)
fatboylo

"
Originally Posted by: bigwheel Go to Quoted Post
That Scotch and milk is great for ulcers.

Whew Whooooooooo! I think I would have to have several good stout snips to put milk in a good drink!!!!! lmao"
Offline texaswhitewolf  
#9 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2012 7:01:39 AM(UTC)
texaswhitewolf

lol i dont know about th irish whiskey im not as big a fan of them as i was one time . oh boy mccormick i drunk alot of that nasty liqeur lol they make eveything from vokda to sctoch . if i want a hung over ill drink that nothing to you big but that brand we drank as kids cause we afford it.
Offline Outland  
#10 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2012 10:51:53 AM(UTC)
Outland

Texas...the pecan and or mesquite sounds good. Basically peat is 100yr old rotted pond scum Compared to a good hard wood I can't see much complex flavor in the peat. I've been making scotch and used a mix of 5 lbs American pale barley malt and 5 lbs cherry smoked barley malt. Pleased with the results though its labor intensive
Offline texaswhitewolf  
#11 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2012 11:49:18 AM(UTC)
texaswhitewolf

lol no we was poor but when you got 5 of you throwing in on a bottle . you know . hey outland thanks for that been thinking of given them both a try . Was thinking 5lbs golden pomrise and about 2 lbs pecan in one and mesquite in the other. give them a try at worst off family drink it lol. sound like you got a good one there what you age with?
Offline Outland  
#12 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2012 12:07:04 PM(UTC)
Outland

Hey Texas, if your asking the age of the scotch...3 weeks; if me well I most times feel like I'm mid 30's but actually couple 3 yrs shy of Medicare age lol
Offline texaswhitewolf  
#13 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2012 3:03:43 PM(UTC)
texaswhitewolf

Lmao yea outland age of the scotch. You feel like mid 30's i feel closr to 50's and im just about 30 lol