logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Mkjt88  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2012 9:08:57 AM(UTC)
Mkjt88

Groups: Registered

I read "Making Pure Corn Whiskey" and think it is a great read for beginners. It has a lot of technical stuff in there but if you just take what you need out of it it has a lot of good information. I think beginner or pro it's worth the read. And it can be helpful rather you want to make corn whiskey or not.. it has good explanations of fermentation to distilling to using equipment.
Offline scotty  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2012 9:36:12 AM(UTC)
scotty

Groups: Registered, Moderator

Originally Posted by: Mkjt88 Go to Quoted Post
I read "Making Pure Corn Whiskey" and think it is a great read for beginners. It has a lot of technical stuff in there but if you just take what you need out of it it has a lot of good information. I think beginner or pro it's worth the read. And it can be helpful rather you want to make corn whiskey or not.. it has good explanations of fermentation to distilling to using equipment.

I lent mine to a newby and never saw the guy again-- Yes it is a great source
Offline Mkjt88  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2012 11:17:56 AM(UTC)
Mkjt88

Here is a download for a free PDF version of it off google. Long URL but can't find the shorter one anymore.

(link removed)
Offline admin  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2012 12:06:28 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Remember that this is a copyrighted book. Any free copy would be illegally obtained. The link does not appear to work, so I assume that this has already been caught and the book taken down.
Offline Mkjt88  
#5 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2012 1:22:33 PM(UTC)
Mkjt88

I fixed the link... And I wouldn't post anything ripped or stolen. This is a free PDF version which you can easily obtain with a google search. They offer it free or you an buy the hardback copy.
Offline admin  
#6 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2012 2:33:26 PM(UTC)
admin

I confirmed directly with Ian Smiley that this is indeed an illegal copy of the book. In fact, here is his e-mail to me:
Quote:
Hello Rick

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. That version is my first edition, which was superseded in 2003 when I published my second edition. I used to have my web site set up so people could buy a PDF version of the book for $13.65. I stopped doing this when I made my 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] edition available because of this very reason, people were pirating it around.

Yes, please take it down. This is definitely a copyright violation. If there's any opportunity to comment, please indicate that this is not only a copyright violation, but it has also been obsolete since 2003.

Thanks again.

Ian

I will have to remove the link from the post above.
Offline Mkjt88  
#7 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2012 3:25:40 PM(UTC)
Mkjt88

Ok well sorry for posting it. I figured it was a valid legal copy as the site offered a "free" PDF version or you could buy the hardback cover.. I didn't know.
Offline admin  
#8 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2012 4:04:50 PM(UTC)
admin

I am sure that you didn't know, but because I know Ian I had to ask him as this is not the first time that this has happened to him. No harm done. Actually, it was a help, as he will get the illegal copy taken down. BigGrin
Offline scotty  
#9 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2012 10:24:05 PM(UTC)
scotty

Groups: Registered, Moderator

Originally Posted by: Mkjt88 Go to Quoted Post
Ok well sorry for posting it. I figured it was a valid legal copy as the site offered a "free" PDF version or you could buy the hardback cover.. I didn't know.

Its so nice to see an adult reply in a courteous way. Thanks MK whatever your complicated nane is :))
Offline Mkjt88  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2012 12:05:18 AM(UTC)
Mkjt88

Well mk stands for mike.. Jt is more and 88 is a certain year.. and I've already said to much Tongue