logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline flat350  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 08, 2012 12:35:30 PM(UTC)
flat350

Groups: Registered

"If cost and access to materials to build a copper reflux column were not an issue,what size tubing would be ideal to put on a 15 gal. keg.I'm a plumber by trade and have up to 4"" copper available to me.The construction should be the easy part,I have access to many fittings,electric heater elements,TIG welder,MIG welder,OXY/ACt tanks,have the SS keg.I just want to build it right,any suggestions.

Steve"
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 08, 2012 1:47:30 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Hey Flat welcome. Would be nice to have the problems you got with all that large bore copper laying around. Person could prob peddle a stick or two of that and go buy the nicest storebought model essential extractor in town. There is a place on the net called moonshine-still.com or similar which has complete plans and parts list for a tall valved refluxer. The plans for it call for two inch. My plumber is supposed to be building that one for me but he is being mighty pokey. Hoping thats a sign it be cheap..lol. Never know anybody rich enough to afford four inch. Guess you could scale it up or something. Anyway might give you some idears to work with. That can supposedly also be turned in a VM (vapor management) model pretty easy from what a smart feller tole me one time. That is a real good system from the way it was splained. Kindly keep us up to date as the project unfolds itself.
Offline muadib2001  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 08, 2012 1:49:31 PM(UTC)
muadib2001

I have no experience with reflux stills, but here are some links to HD where reflux still plans are laid out:
http://homedistiller.org/equip/photos-alex

http://homedistiller.org/equip/designs/reflux_plan

http://homedistiller.org/equip/concept
(the concept page has a section on matching the size of the column to the heat source)
Offline flat350  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 09, 2012 9:08:14 AM(UTC)
flat350

Homedistiller.com seems to have my answers.
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 10:00:10 AM(UTC)

Glad somebody finds a use for that off branded place. All I see over there is cranky yankmes.

Originally Posted by: flat350 Go to Quoted Post
Homedistiller.com seems to have my answers.
Offline flat350  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 10:39:12 AM(UTC)
flat350

Construction will start soon,came across some cool couplings to attach the tower.I have to replace spring perches,shackles,leaf springs on the work truck first..........
Offline muadib2001  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 10:44:03 AM(UTC)
muadib2001

Originally Posted by: bigwheel Go to Quoted Post
Glad somebody finds a use for that off branded place. All I see over there is cranky yankmes.

I think you're the one that made them cranky...RollEyes
http://homedistiller.org...pic.php?f=15&t=27643
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 12:02:53 PM(UTC)

Sure glad the links on here aint clickable. I do no like to listen to trash talking yankmes. That could pollute a persons mind ya know? It is a terrible thing to lose ones mind.

Originally Posted by: muadib2001 Go to Quoted Post
I think you're the one that made them cranky...RollEyes
http://homedistiller.org...pic.php?f=15&t=27643
#9 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 12:04:44 PM(UTC)

Well glad you snagged what you needed on the project. Will agree work first and then play. Them who puts playing at the head of the line sometimes runs out of dinero.

Originally Posted by: flat350 Go to Quoted Post
Construction will start soon,came across some cool couplings to attach the tower.I have to replace spring perches,shackles,leaf springs on the work truck first..........
Offline muadib2001  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 3:57:40 PM(UTC)
muadib2001

Sure glad the links on here aint clickable. I do no like to listen to trash talking yankmes. That could pollute a persons mind ya know? It is a terrible thing to lose ones mind.

You're the one that doesn't want anyone else seeing what you've posted. Man up, dude!
#11 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 11:28:05 AM(UTC)

Are you about sure of this dilemma..seeming dichotomy etc? As think it has been splained previously..Senor bigwheel es muy milo. Muy grande blancillos etc. What do you need to know? There could also perhaps be some double naught spy stuff figgered into this equation. Some things could be for your ears only. Loose lips sinks ships old chap. Sure you will keep a stiff upper lip and all that kind of rot. Let me know. Thanks.

You're the one that doesn't want anyone else seeing what you've posted. Man up, dude!
Offline muadib2001  
#12 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 3:14:37 PM(UTC)
muadib2001

milo blancillos

...Aren't even words in the spanish language!
#13 Posted : Saturday, August 18, 2012 8:17:29 AM(UTC)

Shista un de strausen is verboten. Leibling..I done tole you I was speaking Tex Mex. Aint been no Spaniards in this part of the world in 400 years or so. You from Robistown over there?

...Aren't even words in the spanish language!
Offline fatboylo  
#14 Posted : Saturday, August 18, 2012 11:04:14 AM(UTC)
fatboylo

Big I am thunking about adding a thumper to my pot.......You saw the pics......1st quest. is haow would I seal through the lid and 2 quest is would a regular pickle jar work with the temps???????Confused
#15 Posted : Saturday, August 18, 2012 4:22:29 PM(UTC)

Well we might gonna have to wake Doc up on this deal. I heard somebody speculating about using a glass thumper one time or two...but now I forget what they said about it. Seems like they claim it worked ok but then my memory aint near as good as it used to be. I would be tempted to forget about it. You might need a co-signer on a big boy hooch maker. Save a step or two and slam the Visor Card for one like I got. Cant go wrong like that..lol. Kindly keeps us posted.
Offline fatboylo  
#16 Posted : Sunday, August 19, 2012 1:32:57 AM(UTC)
fatboylo

"
Well we might gonna have to wake Doc up on this deal. I heard somebody speculating about using a glass thumper one time or two...but now I forget what they said about it. Seems like they claim it worked ok but then my memory aint near as good as it used to be. I would be tempted to forget about it. You might need a co-signer on a big boy hooch maker. Save a step or two and slam the Visor Card for one like I got. Cant go wrong like that..lol. Kindly keeps us posted.

lol.....yeah I need to huh!!!!!! But damit Big I'm just so proud of my little home made contrapstion!!!!!! hahahahahah Thanks!"
Offline scotty  
#17 Posted : Sunday, August 19, 2012 3:37:11 AM(UTC)
scotty

Groups: Registered, Moderator

"

Better start acting a little more considerate of others big wheel. I know those folks you are bad mouthing and they are very serious and polite men."
#18 Posted : Sunday, August 19, 2012 6:46:05 AM(UTC)

Well I am cyber pals with quite a few them off branded .org folks too. I will cut back on the teasing if you think they are getting their collective panties in a wad. I would not like to responsible for any emotional trauma..painful menstrual cramps etc.

Originally Posted by: scotty Go to Quoted Post
Better start acting a little more considerate of others big wheel. I know those folks you are bad mouthing and they are very serious and polite men.
Offline dasorge  
#19 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2012 4:35:59 AM(UTC)
dasorge

"Flat --

I just completed the valved reflux column from the moonshine page. bigwheel convinced me to attach the column to the keg with a tri-clamp instead of cutting a hole in the keg and attaching the ss bowl. No cutting was needed for this set up and I like the set up! ran a water test through it and found a leak. got that fixed and ran one clean out run and will do another this weekend."
Offline fatboylo  
#20 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2012 6:38:42 AM(UTC)
fatboylo

"
Originally Posted by: dasorge Go to Quoted Post
Flat --

I just completed the valved reflux column from the moonshine page. bigwheel convinced me to attach the column to the keg with a tri-clamp instead of cutting a hole in the keg and attaching the ss bowl. No cutting was needed for this set up and I like the set up! ran a water test through it and found a leak. got that fixed and ran one clean out run and will do another this weekend.

dasorge, glad to hear from someone with a valved reflux. I want to build one. Is the top of that condensor open all the time. What are you using to heat with? Thanks"