logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2012 7:06:02 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Well just got off the phone with BH Rick or a reasonable facimile. I know he was male. I was getting some info on what it take to get them to install two 110 heating elements in the high dollar milk bucket. Quoted highly right fee to do it and take him one day. Wow. No wonder they got an A+ rating from the local Better Business Bureau. Any input on stuff to consider on this deal would be appreciated..pros..cons..etc. Thanks.
Offline dieselduo  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2012 8:46:05 AM(UTC)
dieselduo

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
he charges 35 for a 1" NPT fitting and get one of these http://www.amazon.com/Columbia-...heater+element+with+dial works great
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2012 10:34:51 AM(UTC)

Thanks for that link Sir. Cant seem to pull it up. Did spend about an hour looking on Amazon trying to find it. Did see a bunch of others. Amzazing price differences on some of the choices. What do the one in the link have which makes it special?
Offline muadib2001  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2012 10:42:48 AM(UTC)
muadib2001

I pulled up the link fine.

I think the issue is between the keyboard and the chair.
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2012 10:56:38 AM(UTC)

Ok..gave it the old college rah rah try it again mentality and finally found that biotch. Whew. That is a nice one. They mighty proud of it too looks like. Think I best stick with the 9 buck models for the current near future. The Onyx Visor card is getting a bit fullish if you get my drift. Do highly appreciate the input. Thanks.
Offline muadib2001  
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2012 11:08:03 AM(UTC)
muadib2001

With the dial on it to regulate the heat applied, you wouldn't need the router speed controller.

But the thing is $71.50 OhMyGod I think I would rather go with a plain heating element and the router speed controller.
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2012 11:29:50 AM(UTC)

Looks totally super kewlish..I will admit. Bet it works like a charm. General consensus amongst them who knows about such exotica is...prob dont even need a router controller. Just unplug wire 1 when it gets up to temps and control wire 2 with the water. Works that way on the hotplate with the same 1500 heat source. Crank it up and forget it. That be for using one element. The fella on the phone say the real blessing is making that 90 min heat up time a thing of the past. I could live with that. Now I would like a router controller just in case things dont work out as planned. Yall tricked me into buying the high dollar 20 AMP Rockweller peece o sheet controller but it zonked out several months back. Wonder if they have a warranty? Only bought it Feb. Needed a heat sink..I found out just a while ago. I knew it was getting hotter than a two dollar pistol. I thought they all did that..kick kick. Im mad now.
Offline dieselduo  
#8 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2012 11:54:23 AM(UTC)
dieselduo

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
cheaper that a 1500w hotplate and much easier to use. Less fuss and no muss
#9 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2012 12:09:11 PM(UTC)

Well I saw a 1500 watt hotplate on there for about the same dinero..lol. Trouble is on the fancy elements like that is I am going to need two. Which is if one is pricey two is twice as bad. I already got it figgered out the home made stuff got to be more expensive than store bought..even if the manuel labor to make it is factored into the scenario at only ten bucks an hour. Twenty bucks a pint is the only way an entrepreneurial type could ever hope to break even on this deal. Considering the expense involved a person could be most likely sipping Johnnie Walker Blue each night. Works the same way on freshly caught fish and Bambi meat. That got to be worth several hundred bucks an ounce...once the cost factors are entered into the equation.
Offline scotty  
#10 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2012 10:47:54 PM(UTC)
scotty

Groups: Registered, Moderator

"
Originally Posted by: muadib2001 Go to Quoted Post
((((((((With the dial on it to regulate the heat applied, you wouldn't need the router speed controller.)))))))

I dont see that. How do you know that the control is continuous and not a bi metal type.
Did i read something in correctly????:)

I COPIED THIS DESCRIPTION FROM ANOTHER VENDOR

Features of the Columbia Sinks Heating Element:

-Type #304 stainless steel.

-5 1/2"" stainless steel heating rod.

-Fits a 1"" NPT flange or 1.25"" hole and is supplied with lock nut and gasket.

-Adjustable dial - to increase temperature setting dial is turned clockwise.

(((((((((((((((((-On/Off light indicator shows on when unit is heating.))))))))))))))))

-Provided with 6' 3-wire grounded cord and plug.

-1100 watts, 110 VAC.

The part i have in brackets tells me it is not the type of control we need for distilling.
WE NEED CONSTAND BUT VARIABLE HEAT."
Offline scotty  
#11 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2012 2:09:44 AM(UTC)
scotty

"
Originally Posted by: muadib2001 Go to Quoted Post
I pulled up the link fine.

I think the issue is between the keyboard and the chair.

OhMyGodThat has been obvious since he showed up on this websiteBigGrin

Tongue RollEyes"
#12 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2012 3:40:04 AM(UTC)

Yall sure know how to hurt folks feelings..sniff sniff.
Offline scotty  
#13 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2012 4:34:44 AM(UTC)
scotty

"
Originally Posted by: bigwheel Go to Quoted Post
Yall sure know how to hurt folks feelings..sniff sniff.

Take a free shot BW. it works both ways lol"
#14 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2012 6:45:10 AM(UTC)

Well ok..guess I will heal up. At any rate while yall have been sitting under the cool AC pulling your puds and playing compooter..I have been out in the heat setting a good example.

Delivered the magic milk bucket to BH and it supposed to be ready with two holes in it before quitting time. Grabbed a five pound bag of flaked rye so as to kill two birds with one stone so to speak.

Dropped another fifty at Lowes on two cheap heating elements and two high dollar extension cords. Price of hooch is going up to cover all this nonsense.

Fortunately I already have the element wrench which fits. Us old boy scouts are always prepared huh?

They supposed to call in a bit so I can pick up the finished product. Guess I will hold off sipping till I get back home with it. Lot of bloodthirsty rookie cops who inhabit that vicinity.
Offline scotty  
#15 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2012 7:48:32 AM(UTC)
scotty

"
Originally Posted by: bigwheel Go to Quoted Post
Well ok..guess I will heal up. At any rate while yall have been sitting under the cool AC pulling your puds and playing compooter..I have been out in the heat setting a good example.

Delivered the magic milk bucket to BH and it supposed to be ready with two holes in it before quitting time. Grabbed a five pound bag of flaked rye so as to kill two birds with one stone so to speak.

Dropped another fifty at Lowes on two cheap heating elements and two high dollar extension cords. Price of hooch is going up to cover all this nonsense.

Fortunately I already have the element wrench which fits. Us old boy scouts are always prepared huh?

They supposed to call in a bit so I can pick up the finished product. Guess I will hold off sipping till I get back home with it. Lot of bloodthirsty rookie cops who inhabit that vicinity.

Smart move mot buying the 75 dollar junk."
Offline scotty  
#16 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2012 9:16:26 AM(UTC)
scotty

BW what wattage elements did you buy???
#17 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2012 9:17:19 AM(UTC)

It was tempting. Was supposed to snag 12 gauge extension cords..but they were way overly too proud of those..so. I got the 16 gauge. In shotguns they are fairly similar. Bound to work the same with wire looks like.
Offline scotty  
#18 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2012 11:14:36 AM(UTC)
scotty

what wattage elements did you buy?
Offline muadib2001  
#19 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2012 11:47:09 AM(UTC)
muadib2001

BW, if you got 1500w elements, you should get at least 14 gauge extensions. The 16 gauge will get too warm.
#20 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2012 1:37:39 PM(UTC)

Well guess the Lord does look after fools..lol. Got on the granny readers and lo and behold the cords was 14 gauge 10 feet long. No female end just wires to hook up. Fella say at Lowes they use them to hook up garbage disposals mainly. Scotty the elements are 1500 watt 120 volt. The Craftsman at Brewhaus..who by the way did a most excellent bit of artisanship on the bucket..say since the elements are pinned up inside they are a lot more potent than a same sized hotplate working on the outside. Said most likely would need the router controller for the one which runs it after the other one gets unplugged. The elements are little short double loops about 4" long. They mounted at slightly less than 90 degrees first about 2" off the bottom and the other 2" above the first. I tried to talk him into horizontal opposed 180 but he started blabbering about the confluence of super heat liquids etc. I just let him do it his way..lol.