logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Tea Totaler  
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2012 10:59:31 AM(UTC)
Tea Totaler

Groups: Registered

"Hey. New here but been lurking a while.

I need specific dimensions for the 8 gallon standard kettle at BH.

It seems that the biggest expense (besides the price of purchasing ready made equipment) is energy, be it propane or electricity. I have an idea for a stove of sorts that would be exceptionally efficient. The taper of the standard kettle fits nicely with my idea.

If my idea works, I will, of course, share it here on the forum.

What I need is the dimensions of the bottom section of the kettle. Diameter of the bottom, diameter just below the seam, diameter of the seam, overall height without the top fitting, and height from bottom to seam.

Yeah, I know, the premium kettle is better...easier to clean, easier to fill, etc. But what if I can run 5 gallons using nothing more than the stalks and cobs the corn came off of? Or the cuts from the previous run? Well, maybe both, but you get the idea. Right now, I can boil 16 oz of water in 3 minutes and keep it boiling for 7 more minutes with 1 oz of alcohol. Havent done the math, but I might be able to get a net gain of energy..."
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2012 12:16:05 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Hey this sounds like a perpetual motion machine. Make the hooch to fire the stove to make the hooch. If this works we might should contact Prez Osama or maybe Alfgore. They like stuff like this. I got the big mop bucket so cant do no measurements. Sorry. Glad you came out of the lurk mode. Welcome.
Offline Tea Totaler  
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2012 12:59:57 PM(UTC)
Tea Totaler

Groups: Registered

"Thanks for the welcome.

Yeah, I know. All I have to do is figure out the step where ""a miracle occurs"" and find somebody to fabricate a heat exchanger out of unobtanium, I think I'll have it.

It works at labratory scale...but so did cold fusion. I am fairly sure it won't work large scale. But it might at the small scale of 5 gallons."
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2012 1:55:37 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Well everybody has to have a dream to follow I heard. Sounds like you a get ir done type fella. Be expecting to see you on TV any day now. Did you ever hear about the old perpetual cycle cat and rat raisers? You start out with a hundred of each..then each ten days you feed so many portions of cats to the rats..then you run it vice versa for a while. Person never have to buy any pet food on that deal. I think the Achilles heel on this is that in ten years you still got the same number of critters. I would try to make them be able to multiply a little. I bet there is a sweet spot on the curve which could take this under consideration. I am working on the math now using my trusty slide rule. I dont not trust them fancy compooters.