logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2012 1:06:42 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Chum goes through a bunch of the stuff and wanted me to make him a batch. Followed this recipe which a lot less involved than some others. I aint really sure what it supposed to taste like since I dont drink much girly man stuff. I added a teaspoon of fancy cocoa 2 teaspoons instant Expresso coffe and a drop or two of almond extract. Tastes purty good. Does not go well with cornmeal shine. Would hold out for a neutral before I poured any hooch in it.

(quote)

Homemade Kahlua Recipe

A Google search for Kahlua recipes will reveal that there are several different ways to make homemade Kahlua. Many of the recipes call for instant coffee. I rejected those because I wanted to be able to use good quality freshly ground coffee. Others call for letting the recipe steep for several weeks; I rejected those because I don't have the patience. I ended up using a variation of a recipe that I found on a forum about Orchids. What do orchid growers know about Kahlua? Apparently, a lot. The end result of this Kahlua recipe is blissful. It has a sweet yet strong coffee flavor and it goes down super smooth.

Makes about 1.5 liters

6 cups brewed coffee (Use your favorite kind! I used Goshen coffee since I know that Bride and Groom 3.0 and many of my coffee connoisseur friends love it.)
1 pound light brown sugar
3 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1/2 liter of vodka (If you have access to a pure grain alcohol like Everclear, you may want to use that. I simply used SVEDKA Vodka and it worked just fine.)

While the coffee is still hot, mix in the brown sugar.
Let cool.
Mix in vanilla and vodka.
Serve over ice, in mixed drinks like a frozen mudslide, or use to make a cupcake (post coming soon).

Read more: http://www.cupcakeproject.com/2...orite.html#ixzz1wsMsnIKR