logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline texaswhitewolf  
#21 Posted : Thursday, May 24, 2012 8:17:07 AM(UTC)
texaswhitewolf

Groups: Registered

yea that website i bet gets them from this one over seas there are the same one made by the same people but cheaper and safer to buy one in the usa you know. http://www.copper-alembic.com/ this website is the main one i think or close atleat they have some small ass one but by the time you figure in shipping and handle and custom chagres if it even passes to much but that website has all the clean and careing thing youd need to know i belive
Offline texaswhitewolf  
#22 Posted : Thursday, May 24, 2012 8:28:56 AM(UTC)
texaswhitewolf

http://www.copper-alembic.com/m...g/manutencao.php?lang=en move this to your browser this is they cleaning way dont understand it i just use vinger and water run hard stuff i scrub
#23 Posted : Thursday, May 24, 2012 10:32:32 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Well Alfgore and us other testosterone laden Alpha Males..who are wishing to be good stewards over the Creation salute you sir. Glad you did not resort so quick to hazardous chemicals. Salud..(clinking of tater vodka shot glasses n the background.)
Offline texaswhitewolf  
#24 Posted : Thursday, May 24, 2012 12:41:54 PM(UTC)
texaswhitewolf

lol yea i did want to use nothing bad
#25 Posted : Thursday, May 24, 2012 2:21:01 PM(UTC)

Ok you helped save the Earth. You will prob get a few hundred years knocked off being hung up in purgatory etc. Just guessing on some of this stuff.
Offline texaswhitewolf  
#26 Posted : Friday, May 25, 2012 1:14:00 AM(UTC)
texaswhitewolf

lol not saveing it just trying to make it easyer to live in. a few years off what you talking about i'll be stuck driven the bus just remeber to have a bottle of shine for when you meet saint peter you know he been there to long sober lol
Offline badbill2  
#27 Posted : Friday, May 25, 2012 7:06:43 AM(UTC)
badbill2

I'd cook it up if it's done. They say you can keep it for awhile but never tried it. Bottles and jugs are pretty cheap.
Offline texaswhitewolf  
#28 Posted : Friday, May 25, 2012 7:45:30 AM(UTC)
texaswhitewolf

i done cooked that one i just forget the lees was in the contarter thinking of starting a sec gen with it
#29 Posted : Friday, May 25, 2012 10:12:02 AM(UTC)

There ya go. Started a 2nd Gen cornmeal myself. I boiled up the backset in the house. Big mistake. The Warden say.."this place smells like a brewery." Best assign that task to the man cave next time..kick kick. Done all this stuff this morn and still waiting for the wash to cool down enough to add the yeast to one and the sugarized back set to the other. Done used up all the ice cubes in the house trying speed stuff up..and we got the Arkieville branch of the clan due to hit later this evening. They love ice for some reason. Guess that stuff is hard to find where they come from. It sorta like being stuck in the fifties from what I can gather.
Offline texaswhitewolf  
#30 Posted : Friday, May 25, 2012 10:14:34 AM(UTC)
texaswhitewolf

lol big yea im just going to feed a little to thursday then kick it off
#31 Posted : Friday, May 25, 2012 11:20:55 AM(UTC)

Sounds like a great plan. Betcha it will still be alive and well come Thursday. Got the fish bubbler going to town on the new wash and think it should be purty close to pitching temps here in a bit. The sugared up and boiled back set aint lagging too far behind. Hopefullly we get these puppies birthed afore the cows come home. lol.
Offline texaswhitewolf  
#32 Posted : Friday, May 25, 2012 12:16:23 PM(UTC)
texaswhitewolf

ound like your doing good there big
#33 Posted : Saturday, May 26, 2012 7:40:14 AM(UTC)

Well now I have hit a crisis. The first Gen is going nuts but the 2nd Gen do not want to seem to start fermenting. Done added a teaspoon of yeast to freshen it up and pounding its pudendum with the fish bubbler. Still aint seen no yeastes bubbles. Hope the backset aint slaying it or something.
Offline badbill2  
#34 Posted : Saturday, May 26, 2012 7:44:35 AM(UTC)
badbill2

Bigwheel, Whatcha mean "boiled" Backset?
#35 Posted : Saturday, May 26, 2012 7:57:27 AM(UTC)

Well...I mean after a run you take some of the leftover liquid in the boiler...gallon or two...and boil it up with sugar and a little lemon juice. Cool it off and add to the yeast bed of the previous ferment. Said yeast bed protected by the addition of a gallon of water to keep it happy. You can boil the sugar in the boiler..or a separate pot. Separate pot seems to work best for me currently. Worked well on Sweet Feed up till about Generation 4 where it seemed to decline..verdict still out on corn meal. Also replace about one third of the grain or meal with some fresh stuff..prior to all this bizness.
Offline badbill2  
#36 Posted : Saturday, May 26, 2012 12:51:43 PM(UTC)
badbill2

You confused me! I know if you boil (212) when you got yeast in the liquid with or without sugar, your going to kill the yeast. But what do I know??
#37 Posted : Saturday, May 26, 2012 2:06:04 PM(UTC)

Yeppers...the yeast infection comes from what is leftover in the fermenter as opposed to what is boiled up in the backset. Not sure if it was the leftover yeast or the extry teaspoon refresher it got but that wash in question is bubbling away furiously as we speak. I was getting a little worried..whew. The Arkie branch of the clan really has a taste for that stuff. They done knocked a big hole in the artificial bourbon..the white dawg and now they have started devouring the Apple Pie..plust they want some for the road. What is a Mother to do?
Offline badbill2  
#38 Posted : Sunday, May 27, 2012 1:38:02 AM(UTC)
badbill2

Keep cooking! I always enjoy others enjoying my hootch, long as I don't run out of my private stash.
#39 Posted : Sunday, May 27, 2012 3:39:54 AM(UTC)

Great advice. So far have been able to keep the supply above the consumption curve. Bet the fella who runs the likker store is crying in his hooch. Aint darkened his door in quite a spell..lol.
Offline jgram  
#40 Posted : Tuesday, May 29, 2012 12:54:40 PM(UTC)
jgram

"Hey BW,

The PH of the backset is lower than 4 and is usually added 1/3 backset to 2/3 water. Give or take a bit to taste. I was wondering why the lemon juice with it due to the very low PH of the backset the lemon should not be needed. What do I know I am just learning so I thought I would ask to see if I am missing something.

I also noticed that the 2nd and 3rd Gen are a bit slower due to the lower PH.

JGRAM"