logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline badbill2  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2012 10:04:02 AM(UTC)
badbill2

Groups: Registered

Hey Bigwheel, A guy brought over a couple lbs of Bermuda Cherries, they grow everywhere down here and I threw them into some mash for a few days with my mash and sugar. Second best thing I ever put in my mouth. You gotta try it.
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2012 10:52:40 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Well thanks for the tip. I will try to keep an eye peeled for some of those things. Tell by far the best wine I ever made in my life came from a big batch of cheeries which was headed for the dumpster at the produce stand. Price was right too..free..lol. Can imagine it be good in hooch too. Now be sure and throw a little swamp cabbage down in there sometime. I get good reports on that stuff.
Offline badbill2  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2012 11:06:46 AM(UTC)
badbill2

Can't cut the trees down no more, indians get mad as hell. I have made some good swamp cabbage back in the day. I got a 10 ft crocodile living behind my house and went after my dog so I called the Game people and he said that he needed three "incidents" before they could do anything, I told him I ain't got but two grandbabies living with me! You would get in less trouble selling drugs than shooting a crocodile. I guess I'll wait and see. Long as he don't mess with my Hooch.
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2012 11:14:42 AM(UTC)

Wow a real Crockodile..I thought yall had them playful gator critters down there..lol. Them Crocks is sorta like mad Gators on Steroids I think. .410 slug twixt the eyes works good on Gators anyway..I heard. I got an old bbq pal in Micipony..look up Lazy Q. BBQ on google sometime. Name is Big Jim. Give him a holler. Bet yall have a lot in common. He was eating a coon last we spoke. He purty far into the swamps I guess.
Offline the docter  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2012 12:46:59 PM(UTC)
the docter

"Here in AL we can shoot anything on our land. As long as you do not tell an one.
Just kidding lol"
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2012 1:08:59 PM(UTC)

Ok Doc..now we know what you are using for fertilizer..lol.
Offline the docter  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2012 2:02:18 PM(UTC)
the docter

shh don't tell any one don't wont them digging up my garden lol
#8 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2012 4:25:08 AM(UTC)

Dont blame you on not wanting the garden dug up..least till after harvest. Hey I used to know this nice fella from Jamaica who said the favorite melon trick in his part of the world was to take a ripe melon and cut a triangle plug in it and stick a full jug fifth or quart I guess of 151 proof rum upside down in the hole and let it permeate the melon. After the rum disappears into the melon you put the plug back in it...wait a while and start eating. Be sure and put that maneuver on the agenda.
Offline the docter  
#9 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2012 11:34:55 AM(UTC)
the docter

I have done something like that. But we used vodka. It comes out very nice if you have not tried it. I would say give it a try. Makes a great party favor.