logo                   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Fusefinder  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2012 3:45:22 AM(UTC)
Fusefinder

Groups: Registered

"I have a Max Burton 1800 Watt Induction Hot Plate that I use with my current 12qt pots and it works very well. I have a diffuser disk also that I purchased from them for non magnetic cookware, It doesn't work so well.

I am looking into a 8 gallon Premium or Induction Kettle from BrewHaus. Rick replied they are 13.5"" diameter and have a 1/4"" inset for the aluminum defuse. I am looking for a pic of the bottom of one or both of these kettles with a diffuser please. I am trying to figure if it will work with my setup I have a 12"" square glass top. I'm not sure if his kettles will work on one of theirs?
Hope to post pics of hot plate below. Does anyone have pics of an 8 gallon kettle on one of Brewhaus hotplates? Or the diffuser?
Thanks

Edited for attachment"
Fusefinder attached the following image(s):
Heater pic2.jpg (19kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2012 4:45:52 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

All I got was a partial sliver of a pic. Not the full photo. I have the 15 gallon milk bucket so doubt if that help you much. Wished I had known of the induction option when I bought mine..would have prob sprung for it. Sounds like a very kewlish idea. Do you have any idea how much weight those induction hot plates can withstand? Notice you said and have read previously they have glass or ceramic tops. Kindly keep us posted on your progress.
Offline Fusefinder  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2012 5:31:23 AM(UTC)
Fusefinder

Groups: Registered

"Sorry about that I updated the pic.
As for the weight capacity the manufacture says do not exceed 50lbs on glass top. 15 lbs for the 8 gallon kettle and 40-50lbs for the mash could probably hold.
I have used Stainless steel pots that the supplied test magnet do not stick to, and work very well.
My 12qt pot is dripping in 20 minutes boiling over in 30 minutes with a 70 deg room temp mash at 60-65 deg outside air temp.
I will fire up the 20qt pot tomorrow and see what it does."
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 04, 2012 6:32:21 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Ok got the pic that time thanks. I tried to do a little research on the topic a month or two back and some said regular SS would work. One site even claimed the aluminum laminated wafer bottom otherwise SS stew pots would work..then they start speaking of the magnet test thing. Then notice BH is selling dedicated induction pots. Leading me to the conclusion the regular SS dont work on it. Did gather the bottom of the pot has to be real close to the same diameter as the element. Color me confused. Best of fortunes on it.